CA-BTU-Dixie?

Basically Taylorsville area

1 Like

Pretty decent precip coming down. I

2 Likes

Immediate structure threat at diamond mountain road and north arm Road at lights creek lane. Dozers are trying to get line around structures.

2 Likes

New IR data from 2:30 pm has been posted.
IR Data

2 Likes

Spot, new start or lightning strike an the Butt Lake Cam

You can watch it build on the 1 hour time lapse. From about 1713 until now
http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-ButtLake&v=fd40731

3 Likes

Blue circle area is the North Arm of Indian Valley.

4 Likes

Multiple LE and OES rigs flying out of Quincy.

2 Likes

The fire has been creeping around in that area for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Any structures being impacted ?

2 Likes

Mandatory for all of Genessee Valley just went out

7 Likes

Northern end of Indian valley.

2 Likes

A longer detailed explanation of the VIIRs and earth data satellites and how they process the detections can be found here by NASA :
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/faq/firms-faq#ed-user-guides

Keep seeing questions about this.

6 Likes

Meadow outside of mineral as of noon 8/13. anybody have info on the Morgan summit spot? I saw it kind of sitting there this morning but my info is likely delayed and the growth was curious once VIRS and MODIS were updated.

2 Likes

Facebook live facebook stream showing firing opperations north east of westwood transfer station

1 Like

Firing operation north of Chester transfer station resulting in crowning but winds beneficial from the south as of post.

3 Likes

The fire near Morgan Summit is a separate start caused by lightning. It is not a spot from the Dixie.

2 Likes

Any word on containment? Is this a spot we need to worry about as far as mill creek or do we assume fixed wing handled the containment?

I apologize, I don’t know the technical term, would this (Morgan Summit) be considered part of a complex or a new start? or something else?

No apologies necessary. New start. There were 2 lightning caused fires in the Morgan Summit area. The LNF Almanor district is staffing the 2 fires with support from the Dixie Incident.

5 Likes