CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

Judging by where the aircraft are working, the spot might be near the left edge of that view. I don’t see any obvious evidence of the spot on the Colby cam - the closer smoke in the middle seems more likely to be the firing operation itself to me

3 Likes

5 Likes

210 did make a loop to the north right where that Colby cam is looking though. Spot is visible from Platte Mtn cam.

2 Likes

Platt Mtn is looking straight at a giant plume near Lomo, impossible for me to differentiate a small spot fire from the main burn. Either way - pretty good access in the apparent area of the spot, hopefully they can catch it.

4 Likes

93 just dropped on it. Pink mist visible on Platte cam. 88 inbound.

1 Like

Camera cross puts that new column here:
40.04632, -121.61413
This image shows that location with this morning’s IR data.

8 Likes

Firing op or main fire growth?

1 Like

Spot fire.

2 Likes

I don’t have any intel on where exactly the firing ops got to yesterday.

1 Like

[
Cole Euken

• Staff Reporter

A minute ago · Jul 28, 1:42 PM

Report Image

Radio traffic indicates the spot fire across Hwy 32 is North of Humboldt Rd (Lomo area), it is “several acres” and is burning intensely, with multiple additional spots along 32.
Air Attack is working to box it in with retardant. 1 VLAT (very large air tanker) requested for a total of 9 tankers.

6 Likes

well established. wind gust in the area are 25+, sustained around 15mph.

4 Likes

Colby Mtn cam appears to be showing one.

1 Like

Looking like T912 inbound…

Edit: And he’s towin a 737!

4 Likes

They’ve had a few pieces of iron staged day or two doing a bit of work on Colby clearing around the tower. Now that iron is pushing a LOT of dirt opening the area up big.

13 Likes

Just noticed this on cam looking across 32

3 Likes

Seeing a lot of heat building on GOES 18 on the 32 side, along with the 36 side on the NE section of the fire

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-18&sec=full_disk&x=13331.25&y=3173.125&z=6&angle=0&im=14&ts=2&st=0&et=0&speed=230&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&p[0]=geocolor&p[1]=cira_natural_fire_color&opacity[0]=1&opacity[1]=0.5&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

8 Likes

The dozer line on top of Colby will protect the lookout and giant comm site, but it could be a half mile wide and not going to stop a headward run unless they have time to fire it, or the fire lays down before it gets there.

13 Likes

Indeed, I’ve been sitting here (scratching my head) looking at that expecting to see more iron move down that line? Dunno

4 Likes

Division TL has a lot going on right now, i hope there is a good outcome.

6 Likes

Good job by Helco and command working through the bad coms signals.

7 Likes