CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

If it’s over cohassat road as mentioned earlier from the origin to there, same width, is close to 4000…

5 Likes

Okay awesome thanks for the response. I thought it seemed excessive.

4 Likes

The current official acreage is 1,500. That is some hours old. This will be mapped by FIRIS shortly. Let’s wait for the over flight and not speculate on what we don’t know. Additionally, this is the IA thread for verified intel. Let’s proceed, please

UPDATE: All acreage speculation posts have been move to the Q&D thread.

7 Likes

I believe Cohasset Comm Site is going to have a good show before it’s consumed by the fire.
With the heavy timber stand around it… It would be good to see the overnight fire front. If it stays on the air:
https://alertwest.live/cam-console/1896

22:10 picture:

3 Likes

KNIFE26, another NVG from Mather, is inbound.

2 Likes

Im pretty confident if you read my post I’m not claiming it’s that size. I even said it feels way to big. That’s why I asked if others have used it.

3 Likes
1 Like

i believe team 3 is up, any word from them?

1 Like

Sounds like they were able to get all vehicles out of Cohasset through the top to Hwy 32, no need for Helo extraction

Edit 2307: Some vehicles do not have enough fuel, SO is going to start Helo evacs from Campbellville helipad

5 Likes

CalFire website is listing it as 6,465 Acres @ 22:30 but as noted above, these estimates are usually low and late

2 Likes

Looking at the webcam azimuths, I think the GOES heat satellite might actually be somewhat correct. It looks like it made an enormous run out into the Pine Creek watershed. This would be a 13 mile run in about 7 hours.

10 Likes

Structures off Nicalog and Cohasset immediately threatened. Getting resources there now

3 Likes

2 Likes

Cal Fire just uploaded a perimeter from their intel ship that is 6,000 acres, but the feed doesn’t have capture time, and I think it might be a few hours old. Here are current camera azimuths on top of it, with GOES heat underneath…

6 Likes

What teams up next?

1 Like

Cal Fire Team 3 is up.

3 Likes

Cal Fire ICS Team 3 should be taking command in the morning.

2 Likes

Pine Creek cam going to be impacted soon

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/1698

3 Likes

View looking across the canyon from the west end of forest ranch. Fire is still on top of the canyon except for one spot closer to chico.

3 Likes

The weather certainly isn’t helping… its 11pm but you’d think it’s 2pm on a SW aspect in SoCal
Temp: 93
Wind: ESE 18 G25
RH: 18
:flushed:

7 Likes