CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

Amazingly Enough

2 Likes

Watch Duty has the perimeter as of ~ 2am:

It’s around Table Mountain in the N; not yet to Black Rock in the NE; has run out across Mill Creek and into the Tehama Wildlife Area toward Paynes Creek in the NW.

5 Likes

Additional frequencies added today:
132.375 Air Briefing
128.675 ordered but not on the 220
VFIRE24 is Contingency

My feed is focused on Park from Red Bluff, with the normal daily stuff still there but not prioritized. One of the CMD2 tones out of Alder Springs gets noisy in the day’s heat into my station, but the northern tone off Inskip will be solid.

6 Likes

This morning’s 209 shows 164,286 acres. Here’s the critical needs for the next 12 hrs. Lots of stuff

1. Critical Resource Needs in 12-, .
    List resource category, kind, and/or type, and amount needed, in priority order:
    12 hours:
    14 - Type 1 Engine Strike Teams
    26 - Type 3 Engine Strike Teams
    2 - Type 6 Engine Strike Teams
    23 - Crew Strike Teams
    84 - Dozers
    8 - Excavators with masticating heads
    40 - Water tenders
    Numerous overhead
20 Likes

That was one of the first things I looked for this morning. If there were people with them they had a long night.

6 Likes

Several families moved to Greenville CA after losing their home in Paradise. Sad doesn’t begin to get at the pain.

6 Likes

Gusts to 20mph and Red Flag weather - spot forecast for Cohasset:

8 Likes

I put some new FIRIS-based maps up on the-lookout.org with commentary.
https://the-lookout.org/

13 Likes

7:15 update National Interagency Fire Center - A significant fire weather signal shows up today due to the combination of enhanced winds leading to near or record BI readings as well as increased wind shearing & mid-level instability (enhanced pyro-cumulus day) due to the disturbance passage.

6 Likes

Is this considered a reconcile of resources still needed at the incident in addition to those orignal 30+ ST AT requested? Or is this adjusting there current orders to fit there needs better.

1 Like

My Mather ECC source tells me to look for a BIG Dozer order soon for the Park fire.

5 Likes

What’s put on the 209 for critical needs at this point in the incident could almost be considered a wish list. What actually gets ordered and filled is another. It’s their best guess of what they need to meet objectives. Probably not the answer you were looking for. The 209 this morning showed the same list for 24, 48 and 72 hours.

5 Likes

Supersedes previous needs and based on availability of resources due to competing incidents, coordinated through NOPS.

5 Likes

Maybe I missed it,
Is there a Dropbox link for Team 3?

2 Likes

Looks like inversion layer holding down the fire activity vs yesterday am

3 Likes

imetfromhotlist, thank you for the forecast. Are you an ARA?

2 Likes

From Dr Daniel Swain; Strikingly clear indication of potential tornado-strength “pyrovortex” within strongly rotating pyroCb atop Park Fire right now. This event continues to exhibit almost continuous extreme/exotic fire behavior/phenomena. Significant danger for firefighters/those evacuating. This was from yesterday afternoon for awareness.

For those that follow weather note the tight rotation of the red and green couplet posted below. With the red and green meaning opposite direction winds wrapped tightly together. It looks similar to a tornado couplet we would see in a Mid West severe thunder storm.

Another image from a fire cam that supports the structure described above. Very interesting to see this happen. This is believed to be the rotating column with updrafts.

11 Likes

For situational awareness, that rotation event mentioned above by Swain was Thursday evening in Big Chico Creek canyon above Forest Ranch. It is not “now” Friday morning. Freaked me out there for a second.

13 Likes

Best I’ve found is this Box folder for the incident:
https://calfire.app.box.com/s/aksvpernx6v7ph37qho2co40js7174sd/folder/270576488813

If anyone has a better source for data I’d be very interested to see it.

5 Likes

I went back and updated yesterday afternoon. My bad for the scare that is was happening now.

7 Likes