CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

San Diego hasn’t sent any either it appears. Couple from MVU potentially. Does not appear any local however. Anyone from LA or VNT know of anyone going?

1 Like

VNC has sent a Alpha S/T, Golf S/T and a Lima S/T

7 Likes

OES S/Ts from XSD assigned to the Gold demobing and going to the Park
As far as I know an A, C and a TF

7 Likes

TF from region 2 got punched out at 0800

1 Like

Approx 0915 this morning from 20,000 Feet

The last pic is looking north of the fire… Reminded me more of Bay Area fog…

14 Likes

Here comes the wind - big coastal gap:

11 Likes

I totally agree with you sir, you stay safe as well

The air show is pretreating Platte Mtn now.

5 Likes

Great weather links. I think a point Id like to stress is the biggest change in the fire environment today is going on from 5,000-20,000 feet above the fire. The troops on the ground wont necessarily feel its a different day, especially with smoke, etc. Understanding on some level of the physical process is somewhat important (cooling aloft, steep lapse rates, unstable-all items discussed in S-290 and now being seen in the real world…neato). Lets just think of the big circle (upper low) as the lid on the boiling pot. Once it passes over its like removing the lid. Then some of that high momentum and dry air may be observed closer to the surface.

11 Likes

Yes sir they are!!

10 Likes

We’re coming up on 48 hours for this thing. I’m curious what the current acreage is going to be?

2 Likes

It was mapped a couple of hours ago at 178k

4 Likes

Watch Duty has it 178,090 Ac.

1 Like

XSD Has 4 St out and Cal Fire has 3 ST out of the OP Area, plus ST assigned to the Grove fire.
Some of which will most likely be reassigned north after release.

1 Like

IC asked AA to look in the hwy 32 and Humboldt rd area. AA advised ASM reporting multiple spots, column is laying over in the area and can’t tell if they are across 32. Also sounds like they have established 36 structure group in anticipation of it reaching 36

3 Likes

Observation of the heat signature via satellite continuing to show a steady increase in fireline intensity along the head & right flank. It is very bright like it was all day yesterday.
For sure the fire is punching up into the “zone” of concern…

3 Likes

4 ice caps from Chico airport at 14:15 hours.

8 Likes

Current view from base camp. Think that means I’m here for a while. Cheers!

10 Likes

I’m no math wizard but that’s just about 3800 acres an hour and 65 acres a minute on average! Can someone say DROS…

6 Likes

Wonder what the Dixie was compared to this rate the park is moving at

1 Like