CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

1 acre a second really puts it into perspective. not to hopefully our family cabin off plum creek se of paynes creek will make it.

3 Likes

Is there a live feed from the news copter today? There was fantastic live video of some impressive fire behavior and even more impressive firefighting along Hwy 32 yesterday afternoon.

1 Like

Nothing yet. Been watching the radar for their helicopter but haven’t seen it yet today

Edit… Left Sac Executive as I was writing this, over Yuba City now headed that way

3 Likes

Holy cow - look at the Colby Mtn 2 camera - go back 30 minutes. Scary.

9 Likes

Do they have any more resources they have more they can give? I’ve got a buddy that’s been on a oh yes, type three for almost 14 days so they said they’re timed out to be able to go. Started at the lake and now at the Lightning

2 Likes

Rotate the crews.

3 Likes

Very impressive, looking straight down 32 near Div O. I believe.
https://alertwest.live/cam-console/15548

4 Likes

Getting a good sized pyrocumulus.

1 Like

FYI, KCRA Copter is up live over the fire.

2 Likes

make a large run on the N/NW side. ic was asking around for any engines Divs could free up for the Tehama zone

ALERTCalifornia - Tuscan Butte 1

1 Like

Can you post a link for the live feed please.

1 Like
10 Likes

Looking at the radar echo top is showing 9km approximately almost 30k feet

2 Likes

Morgan Summit
Shingletown cameras are telling, this thing is gonna be at Mineral Hwy 36 pretty soon

1 Like

By the sound of AA traffic sounds like this going to going to do a hard run and don’t thing it going to slow down anytime soon , the Dixie scar was talked about but missed due to static

3 Likes

This was taken by IPone and enlarged a bit. I am in Sonora and this is 162 miles away. You can call this impressive or whatever but makes me have a sad feeling. Worked for CDF/Cal Fire 30yrs and just hope everyone stays safe. So please stay hydranted and Safety first. Your already Hero’s in the publcs eye, don’t be a dead one.
This was taken at 1545hrs

33 Likes

I like how the KCRA feed is able to overlay at the road map.

9 Likes
1 Like

kcra feed showing lots of spotting up chico creek at the head

update: fire behavior advised radar detecting rapidly rotating column with erratic winds 35-45mph within 1-2 miles of the fire front. 30 min loop on colby 1 cam is insane

1 Like

Column up to 25k feet

4 Likes