CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

It was a flare up that chewed some acres and spotted across 32. But it’s all under control now

3 Likes

36 structure group requesting hard closure of 36. fire will be impacting within the hr

5 Likes

Wonder if paynes creek CF station will get taken out. That was my first assignment. Be safe everyone…

3 Likes

Also Ishi camp, both are right in the line of that monster

2 Likes

heard at least 1 charlie st arriving at paynes creek station. sounds like our cabin off plumb creek rd across from the tree farm is not going to be standing for much longer

3 Likes

echo top right on 32 column showing 32k

2 Likes

Remember when most folk didnt think fire could burn from one side of sierras to the other - and then it did! You are not alone in your curiosity of #fountain re-burn & this fire reaching that area…

6 Likes

Has there been any discussion of the pair of 500 kv power lines that run right through the middle of all this?

2 Likes

kcra live again

2 Likes

239,152 acres now Per CF.

5 Likes

It seems like the fire is impacting a lot of timber farms. Will the trees be salvageable?

2 Likes

Shingletown Cam down

3 Likes

They can be salvageable but they have to be milled within a year or so and then sold somewhere. If there is no market demand then they will be wasted.

3 Likes

If not for the gigafires of 2020 and 2021, we’d be viewing this things growth as virtually “unprecedented.” It’s insane to think that not even that long ago the biggest fire in recorded California history for the longest time was the 2003 Cedar Fire and now this fireline looks to eclipse that in the next 12 hours.

This Park Fire is an absolute monster. We may see this thing destroy hundreds of thousands more acres before it’s out. Terrifying.

14 Likes

This is a very good question. I explored numerous areas right after the Dixie Fire and what I saw was very interesting. There were areas totally nuked, and around a corner , almost no sign of a burn. A crazy patchwork. I am no expert, but surmised when a fire is moving so fast it burns some areas to the ground and others it seemingly passes over. Someone else may have a way better answer than I.

5 Likes

https://col.st/VLiOI

10 Likes

fire is 1/2 mile from hwy 36 in the paynes creek area, most the fire is moving in the mineral direction

4 Likes

Well per my new math thanks to my IPhone…we are now at 4700 acres an hour, 80 acres a minute and 1.3 acres a second. All based off 240000 acres reported and now 51 hours into the fire.

I do not see her slowing down much…actually up almost 800 acres an hour from 3 hours ago

11 Likes

There’s at least 4 strike teams on 36, VNC alpha, TGU, AEU, mixed LAC alpha

3 Likes

is VNC Ventura?

1 Like