CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

Figured 32 wouldn’t hold forever given the highway slopes downhill from the ridgelines at that point. Hopefully they can pick it up quickly but it’ll be dodgy with the overgrowth.

2 Likes

Is aircraft on hold?

1 Like

This is from the first 24 hours. I think it captures well some of the difficulties of a fire like this one has been.

7 Likes

Air attack 240 and tanker 93 inbound to 32

5 Likes

Correction 210

3 Likes

Does anyone know if this Colby MTN cam is looking at the spot? This cam is on that side of HWY32.
Trying to get oriented.

Cam…https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/15548

1 Like

Judging by where the aircraft are working, the spot might be near the left edge of that view. I don’t see any obvious evidence of the spot on the Colby cam - the closer smoke in the middle seems more likely to be the firing operation itself to me

3 Likes

5 Likes

210 did make a loop to the north right where that Colby cam is looking though. Spot is visible from Platte Mtn cam.

2 Likes

Platt Mtn is looking straight at a giant plume near Lomo, impossible for me to differentiate a small spot fire from the main burn. Either way - pretty good access in the apparent area of the spot, hopefully they can catch it.

4 Likes

93 just dropped on it. Pink mist visible on Platte cam. 88 inbound.

1 Like

Camera cross puts that new column here:
40.04632, -121.61413
This image shows that location with this morning’s IR data.

8 Likes

Firing op or main fire growth?

1 Like

Spot fire.

2 Likes

I don’t have any intel on where exactly the firing ops got to yesterday.

1 Like

[
Cole Euken

• Staff Reporter

A minute ago · Jul 28, 1:42 PM

Report Image

Radio traffic indicates the spot fire across Hwy 32 is North of Humboldt Rd (Lomo area), it is “several acres” and is burning intensely, with multiple additional spots along 32.
Air Attack is working to box it in with retardant. 1 VLAT (very large air tanker) requested for a total of 9 tankers.

6 Likes

well established. wind gust in the area are 25+, sustained around 15mph.

4 Likes

Colby Mtn cam appears to be showing one.

1 Like

Looking like T912 inbound…

Edit: And he’s towin a 737!

4 Likes

They’ve had a few pieces of iron staged day or two doing a bit of work on Colby clearing around the tower. Now that iron is pushing a LOT of dirt opening the area up big.

13 Likes