CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

Chaparral, my point exactly.

1 Like

Are you referring to my question ? I haven’t studied the map , but it seems like a fair chunk is ok fs dpa

1 Like

OK I feel better now. The iron is now widening that line off Colby…

9 Likes

Report from a butte meadows resident with first responder connections is that he is told the spot fire near lomo was caught, more firing is planned for tonight, and mastication is going on to improve the fuel breaks around butte meadows and the boy scout camp.

7 Likes

we still have a huge header from camp that way.

4 Likes

Just because they may have caught the spot fire, they still have the main fire coming !!!

2 Likes

Here is an update and summary of what is currently going on in the firefight on the fire. We look at how fuel loading, topography, and the fire’s current location narrow the options available for control on the north and northeast flanks.

15 Likes
Jul 29, 2:31 AM

Night time water dropping helicopters have been working an area of fire outside control lines on the north-west side of the fire in the area east of Tuscan Buttes, south of Hwy 36. They have one more drop left each before returning to base for the night per radio traffic.

7 Likes

As of 6:18AM

1 Like

Acreage update means that the Park Fire passes the LNU Complex to become the sixth largest fire in recorded state history.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Zoom in of section of spotting over Hwy 32

3 Likes

Colby Mountain is looking at a smoke to the northeast, in or around the cub creek drainage

3 Likes

Team 10 will come off the Gold Complex Wednesday Morning.

3 Likes

That smoke abruptly stopped about 15 minutes ago - not sure what to make of it …

2 Likes

Probably related to the equipment working up there, something might have sparked off a dozer. Wind direction isn’t favorable for a spot fire.

3 Likes

Makes sense

1 Like

Is there a QR code for the IAP available?

1 Like

So, minimum 2 days rest…maybe Saturday available?

1 Like

This box folder seems to be updated daily and contains today’s IAP, maps, etc:

https://calfire.app.box.com/s/ng6999xbtcw99rsai8jgxe2sr3bileae

5 Likes