CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

Satellite heat view confirms this and then some… Lots going on & lots going up in the column(s) currently. (rt flank)

3 Likes
   **GOES West View**

5 Likes

views like this make me appreciate - even more - our #wildlanders & #responders.
Edit: we sure ask a lot of them.

9 Likes

Shasta Cnty Sheriff has just issued upgrades to thier Evac Orders & Warnings…
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=874365971387740&set=a.229723459185331

3 Likes

How is 32 holding up, things look cautiously calm on colby cameras.

1 Like

Well you’ve probably jinxed it now! 🫢 :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

:confounded: I’ll be quiet now.

5 Likes

As of 20h44 CalFire reporting 373,357 acres and 14% containment.

6 Likes

Colby Mountain cam shows firing around Lomo again tonight

4 Likes

12:06 AM

On the N/E to East side of the fire radio traffic indicates that fire activity in the Mill Creek drainage continues to “chug along” and has progressed approx 3 more miles

3 Likes

Ah…the Mill Creek drainage… very difficult to fight fire in, difficult to get to, and very steep. Good luck!

8 Likes

Last night’s IR, flown about midnight, shows Hwy 32 firing going well, with a lot of depth. The fire is well established in Deer Creek, on both sides, a couple miles downstream of K-Line bridge. Fire also was very active in all 3 forks of Antelope Creek, north of Ponderosa Way.

10 Likes

How’s the weather going to be today ? Same as yesterday?

1 Like

Satellite heat maps also suggest good depth on the firing, with the main fire possibly joined up with the backfire and the edge of 32 now hot all the way back to Lomo. And Colby cam was certainly showing a light show all night.

Looks like black rock and savercool place finally got burned through overnight. I’ve hiked the length of that canyon from there to hole in the ground and I really can’t envision any opportunity to get line across it, let alone hope to hold it …

8 Likes

Warming trend throughout the rest of the week per briefing

5 Likes

is there a way to watch the briefing online? or were you there …

3 Likes

We did it during the Gun fire from the north rim down to mill creek fired at night and it held. South side same way. But lead time and the right resources as usual.

4 Likes

7 Likes

thanks - I don’t get it, I’m subscribed to that youtube channel but couldn’t find the briefings the last two days even when I looked …

3 Likes

Same. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes