CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

0630 Discussion on the south end near Richardson Springs - how far east did it progress. Appears to have gone through the old Spanish Corral area and is up on the ridge in Sec 16.

39.84683, -121.75993 is middle of Sec16
CalTopo link

2 Likes

Originally Div T was placing it in the Sec 33 area then the inversion layer lifted for him to see it out to Sec 16, which is 3 section or 3 line of sight miles further. That’s a significant change

8 Likes

Winds are somewhat calm:

1 Like

4 Likes

Spot forecast for the fire: Gusts as high as 23.

2 Likes

Sounds like dozer line is in place from the heel all the way up Div B to Cohasset Rd. Then dozer line continues north from the vineyard area of Cohasset Rd north to Barber Rd.

2 Likes

RH is down - contributing to the fire spread:

2 Likes

At this point it should not surprise anyone if this fire doubles in size today. Hang on everyone…

9 Likes

At this point I am praying we have no new starts in that area. And prayers to all civilians and fire fighters that are put in Harm’s way on the ground and in the air.

9 Likes

I guess you weren’t wrong on the acreage

10 Likes

Showing up bright for 8:00am on GOES18. Going to be a long day.

Screen Shot 2024-07-25 at 8.01.20 AM

3 Likes

The Park Fire is well-established in some of the most inaccessible land in Northern California - the Lassen Foothills. We’ve done a lot of planning in this area over the past 25 years, and this feature wraps up a lot of what I know about it.
Fire Management in the Ishi Wilderness & Lassen Foothills - The Lookout

12 Likes

7:20am fire weather:

Screen Shot 2024-07-25 at 8.05.46 AM

1 Like

For some of the old timers here, how does this fire compare to the Campbell fire, just north of here in Tehama County, in the early 90’s? I think they have similar conditions, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

It looks like it ran hard from about 3 am to now up the mud creek drainage towards cohasset, with the fire backing down into big chico creek across from the 10 mile trail head on hwy 32. Pics are taken from Woodland Park Drive in forest ranch at 0800 this morning.

6 Likes

99 north. Headed out.

3 Likes

Was on the Campbell Fire for a week in 90’s with a ST from SoOps. Brutal road access conditions with many flat tires and extreme heat through the days.:scream_cat:

6 Likes

Campbell, in 1990, made some of its biggest runs downslope at night, in grass, with the diurnal winds.

7 Likes

From the Cohasett Cam

2 Likes
A minute ago · Jul 25, 8:32 AM

Air attack has ordered one lead plane, two large air tankers (LATs), and three Type 3 tankers. There is a large portion of open line at the heel near Deer Creek. Command is waiting for approval to use dozers in the wilderness area.

1 Like