Waiting for approval for retardant in the wilderness, not approved yet
No HELCO available yet, AA requesting 3 type 1 water dropping helicopters
Park AA just ordered up VLAT

2 Likes

Getting ready to “cap out”.

5 Likes

Things are not looking good at all…

7 Likes

Yeah been watching too AND it’s way early in the day. I’m afraid the worse is yet to come. Be safe all!

8 Likes

One of my best friends is on the IMT for the Gold Complex. Called me at 0100 hours as he rolled up to what used to be his house on Sycamore off of Cohasset in Chico. They lost 6 of the 15 houses on the block. As you can imagine, he had his DIALED in for defense. He’s been ‘on the job’ for more years than I can count and now living the nightmare that he has helped so many others avoid. Fire is a fickle MF-er…

24 Likes

Looks like a little bit of a wind shift perhaps. Buddy of mine is working up in Magalia and says he is seeing a slight shift in the smoke column as well.

1 Like

That’s an earily familiar picture and gives me chills to think of what may come later.

4 Likes

It looks like theyre shifting from SSE to a Southerly or even SSW direction.

2 Likes

Anyone know what resources are on this fire

1 Like

Ya alot of resources on it.

18 Likes

40 Strike Teams of Engines (200 engines) were ordered I believe last night. That didn’t count everything already on scene and all of the other crews, dozers etc. ordered. It is a lot!

5 Likes

I’ve been primarily watching the Cohasset cams this morning, but just checked in on the Colby Mtn view. Worth looking back at the last hour or so… yikes. ALERTCalifornia - Colby Mtn 1

3 Likes

Run back the Cohasset Hill 1 camera a few hrs and you can see that shift happen big time…

1 Like

This is no bueno. Way too early to be looking this scary.

1 Like

Here’s a twelve-camera multiview, covering the north/east/west vantages.

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/tileset/15776

6 Likes

9:30am North Ops weather video: https://gacc.nifc.gov/oncc/predictive/weather/brief_files/brief.mp4

1 Like

1 Like

They don’t get filled in a blink of an eye…it takes time. And then travel time. Give the team time to get set up, then you will hear the stats on resources on scene.

7 Likes

It is hard to answer your question at this point in the fire. There are hundreds of resources either on or enroute to the incident even equipment being emergency demobed from other incidents. If you’re looking for a specific unit I would recommend calling friends of friends or the home agency specifically. It will take a bit for a reconciliation of units and for orders to either be filled or UTF.

3 Likes

Anyone know where base camp is going to be set up? Hopefully enough space for the people coming to this inferno!:fire:

1 Like