CA-CNF-Holy???

Anyone aware of what fire this may be? South of Santiago Peak.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/orangecoca/

Identified as “Holy” Incident… Information in Initial Attacks.

They just recalled 9310C which had been here covering NEU to CSR for planned need.

1 Like

Santiago Peak Communications Site

http://www.rntl.net/orangefirewebcams.htm

4 Likes

Five Alpha ST’s or 5 engines?

Correction 7 Alpha Strike Teams

7 Type 1 Strike teams of RVC units.

I’m not listening right now but that would be almost half of the engines RVC Fire has available…

35 engines out of 95 fire stations some with multiple equipment. No it’s not, please don’t spread this and worrying people about their fire and medical coverage. Squads and reserve equipment have been staffed since this morning and will continue to be filled.

10 Likes

I never said coverage wasn’t maintained. I was just commenting that it’s a large order for any one agency to fill and was trying to get comfirmation.

1 Like

Just stay heads up

5 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of Alphas out of South Ops that have been assigned up north are timing out, there were plans for crew swaps but those have been cancelled, possible that they get sent through DMOB, travel home reset the clock get fresh bodies and then reordered

2 Likes

Any one watching this monsoonal flow with great concern? Looks to me like we are going to get some erratic winds today. Combined with the huge diurnal switches from east to west daily, it makes for a heck of a day in the office.

I was getting sinking feeling that the Holy Inc. would take state resource priority. Granted I’m not there so I can’t see everything but it still looks like it’s backing down in sections on the east where they could do small area burnouts. The spotting is only rolling material igniting below but all and all I’m observing a backing fire. Lots of fuel and heat…but backing! Just hope that those down canyons don’t blow it out tonight.

Typical “Elsinore effect” weather pattern is rapid erratic downhill runs in the afternoon. Fire is not expected to continue “backing” towards houses. Plus, aircraft have stated multiple times the column is ice-capping. They are being wary of column collapse. Not a good situation to be firing above the houses today.

2 Likes

Any Type 1 Team talk? Guessing complexity is getting there

1 Like

Scanner talk of fire beginning to bump houses in Horsethief cyn. Also reports of smoke & embercast affecting I-15. Additional veg fire reported Lake St x Temescal cyn… unknown if related.
Air attack states having trouble getting tankers in under the smoke to work - suspects column collapse.

upd: new fire size up trailer on fire in a yard of tires with veg exposure. “Temescal IC” confirming five engines on IA for structure response.

1 Like

Not sure any are available

State has them

1 Like