CA-ENF-Caldor?

@Crayx
tiny.cc/calfireimt6 (used for most CALFIRE IMT’s, just change the team number at the end)

https://app.box.com/embed/s/0bzlphu7rog8z016si6c/folder/143619970029?showItemFeedActions=true&showParentPath=true

I’m not finding anywhere that 50 is closed or impacted, however sat heat shot shows the fire has crossed 50 near Riverton/ Ice House road. Anyone have any intel?

2 Likes

50 still open, subject to immediate closure. Fire is NOT down to 50, yet. Unknown why infrared is showing that. I’m sure it will cross sooner this morning than later.

1 Like

There was report about 0300 of the fire crossing the 50 per CHP but no one confirm. Checked the area UTL

3 Likes

About 2 AM heard radio chatter about spots across 50 in the area of Riverton (Ice House Road) and efforts to pick them up. Hope they did.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Instructions to find IAP and Maps for most incidents

All forecast models are still showing an offshore push tonight.

This will be a problem.

6 Likes

Sounds like a big airshow has started…

These could be a problem if they surface, but again, El Dorado County is usually sheltered from these winds until late September or early October. Let’s hope history is right again.

2 Likes

A BA146, three MAFFS and the DC10 just flew over my house near Fiddletown

3 Likes

this morning 8 am, it was less than a half mile away from 50 3.5 miles from 88 above shake ridge

1 Like

Caught a little piece of the mapping ship traffic, they stated mutilple (multiple twice) spots on the northeast side of the fire

The rest of his traffic was 62k acres, and still adding up the spots.

2 Likes

I am down at the bottom of 88 within the last 15 minutes the wind is now blowing and it wreaks of smoke visibility from the house is now less than a mile all around. Reports from a friend, ash falling in Oakley.

2 Likes

Any update on the homes around Sly Park Road, and Lakewood Drive?

Can anyone tell me why the Caldor Fire does not have a PIO and a briefing that we can see? There was a community briefing held but no one knew about it. It was hosted by ABC10, so if you had power or weren’t busy bugging out, you might have found it. We have been begging for info.

1 Like

I’m not passing blame or anything here, just from what has already been said, read or reported. Don’t shoot the messenger.

@Eweturn As already mentioned, this is a USFS managed fire which is stretched thin at the current moment. I believe CalFire sent a team yesterday to manage it, but it takes time to fully mobilize and get operational. Things should start properly flowing here later today/tomorrow morning if history plays out correctly.

Until then, it has a been a local show which they are more than likely busy dealing with the fire/life safety issues and are also stretched thin. I agree, better info would be helpful for all those in the affected areas. Understand not the response you are looking for, but it is what it is during this very difficult year that is really just starting from a historical standpoint.

12 Likes

There is a PIO booth set up at the Veterans Hall next to the fair grounds that you can get info at. There is also a phone number you can call. Social media has a lot of information as well

3 Likes

I live on Lakeridge, power is on so my Ring security cams are still working. Was some light ash last night but cleared up around 0800, smoke was thick but not any thicker than it was yesterday when evacuations started.

5 Likes

What is the plan of attack. Where do we stand in the south west corner- Omo- Fairplay. Who can we ask these questions of without having to drive a half an hour up to PVille. Will there be a briefing for the public. We packed up a lot of senior folks last night.

1 Like