CA-ENF-Caldor?

A summary report of all 209s for NOPS fires is posted here: https://gacc.nifc.gov/oncc/predictive/intelligence/lg_fire_summary/Large_Fire_Summary.pdf

It’s usually posted about 0800 and 2000 hrs each day.

6 Likes

1 Like

Is this the same 1500 IR run?

Affirm. Measurements are approximate.

Mod Note: Until there is an official causal determination made and released, please refrain from posting conjecture and speculation with regard to the ignition of this or any other fire.

Please carry on with actual fire information

22 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emerging Technology

KCRA has been over the fire since noon

2 Likes

Keep doing what you’re doing. Can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. I do GIS for a water district in the Basin and it’s been very helpful in keeping us informed. Thanks again!

10 Likes

Put the “North-up” maps on hold until we survive this siege (so, Dec/Jan?). I agree with @Eweturn - I struggle a bit unless N is straight up on the maps. I can adjust… You need to focus on continuing to produce the valuable intel/maps you are doing !

4 Likes

Heating up this afternoon. The most heat is in the direction of the Tahoe gap.

1 Like

Any updates on outstanding orders?

a quick IROC search shows the following currently pending
26 crew
8 ST crew
56 ST engine
38 engine
8 dozer
119 OH

4 Likes

Was in pleasant valley, at station 19. Looks like they have helo fill site there. Steady helo traffic filling and then dumping. Anyone know where they are dumping on? Sly park, div D? Or Div A? Looks like good smoke production from camp creek drainage but it’s hard to tell

KCRA has the live update

2 Likes

Really unfortunate drift on the Leeks camera.

4 Likes

Here is the damage assessment map

https://gis.data.cnra.ca.gov/apps/366d1a3e25ce4a11a4c0846c3a337ce9/explore

It does not appear that they have assessed Slug Gulch yet, but this map will update as time goes on.

[quote=“Mjohnson, post:273, topic:19025, full:true”]
I’m having trouble finding a reliable map to see if my house is still there. If anyone has a good link, please let me know.

We are on slug gulch where there was a lot of activity last night and today. Some maps show the house may have been saved and some show it was engulfed in the fire.[/quote]

1 Like

11 Likes

Hi TKg… check outage flight radar. hover over you home area and select a help or plane. you will see where they are doing most of their work…
good luck

Watched the briefing on the feed. It was well done! They are doing the best they can with current resources up to 2100 personal now and also priority fire in the nation for aircraft. Operations stated priorities currently are on the West or East in no particular order 1A and 1B which is in line with the diurnal wind shifts. We all know what is on each end. The big spread day was last Tuesday a week ago when the fire spread 40,000 acres with now daily sustained but not rapid growth. A lot of chiefs spoke and they answered questions from the public. Very positive and informative.

Comments: Many different agencies involved in this one depending on which way it goes. The ICS system may be the only way to overcome all these different agencies and imaginary boundaries involved in a successful fire fight. These imaginary boundaries include forests, fire agencies, potentially GACC’s, States, federal, private, water districts, … The complexity of this incident is beyond belief. This site has many former and current fire people with a wealth of knowledge and one of the few places I go for intel on fires. The quality of intel here is unmatched of any site on the internet. Please post what you can to help those boots on the ground doing the real work get intel. Take time and think it out and offer up advice and intel to make this ICS system for us all. Keep it coming!

12 Likes

Thank you all. I have summer home at 42 milestone, which has been in the family for 3 going on 4 generations. I know that you ALL are doing everything possible to save the memories along with our amazing playground. Myself and my family will be forever grateful, regardless the outcome. Please be safe. Life is more important than real estate.

3 Likes