CA-ENF-Caldor?

What do you use to create this?

@FireWatchFrazier search for my thread on ATAK

1 Like
12 Likes

Does this look to anyone like the winds are out of the EAST South East?

Yep. Down canyon…drainage winds and those are being helped by the clockwise rotation around the High in the Great Basin. Check the IR satellite. Clouds are moving from the SE.

2 Likes

Does anyone have the link to the IAP on Dropbox?

Any news on what is being deployed today?

The Sacramento Regional IMT was in briefing this morning, there will be no IAP posted until the team has taken the fire. I doubt the ENF is concerned about post ing an IAP that is probably mostly tbd. Let the team get on the incident and get its feet under it first.

4 Likes

Steep, loaded with fuel, lots of dead and down in the middle fork. Large potential, hopefully they can get aircraft if there soon. Hiked that a bunch a couple years ago. Be safe there. No time for an IAP right now.

5 Likes

Anyone have the IAP or any of the mapping?

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/xc0MznyAgczW

Here’s a IR map

I imagine when the IAP is up it will be here.
https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!2021_FEDERAL_Incidents/CA-ENF-024030_Caldor/

Thank you…

1 Like

Shortly after sundown when all the aircraft left, things got a lot more active on the cameras. The images from six of the more active ones is below.

2 Likes

I was just looking at these. From the Danaher camera in Camino you can really see it well.

I heard on the radio that they were going to order a evacuation warning for Grizzly. Can anyone confirm?

Sounded like the local gov Chief inserted himself with a few volunteer engines (not assigned to incident) at leoni meadows and had told Ops there was a spot fire in there. Ops wanted to confirm that was accurate before making a determination. That was about 45 min ago. Nothing more about a spot fire at leoni or from local gov units.

3 Likes

The info on the evac was just posted under under Initial Attacks

2 Likes

The information is on Inciweb. It’s only a warning now, not an order. I’m not surprised they’ve issued it. If the fire makes it over the ridge to its north, and it doesn’t have far to go to do that, it will end up in the Steely Fork of the Cosumnes River, another steep drainage and again one that likely will be in alignment with the winds tomorrow. Grizzly Flats sits right above it with lots of houses on lots of very narrow streets. If the fire makes a run into that area, the situation will get very challenging in a hurry, particularly with the scarcity of resources right now.

3 Likes

I agree. Not to mention it has very few ways out and only one really practical way, a narrow one lane bridge that runs over Steely Fork. If that road is blocked you can head north to Mormon Emigrant or take Happy Valley, which would be a death trap in a fast moving fire…

2 Likes