CA-ENF-Caldor?

The large burn on the thermal camera looks to be this area on the east side of scout peak.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 6.37.06 PM

Also keep in mind the view from the FLIR Heavenly cam is likely blocked below what we can see hot in that image. Look at Heavenly visible cam for confirmation.

1 Like

Ok, clarified one more time and you are correct. Those pictures are of the west side…also confirmed the spot on the eastside of 89. My apologies to all

6 Likes
1 Like

Very true, especially further south much of Christmas Valley is obscured.
The toe of the large slope that is burning actually goes into Lake Audrain which is still set back a bit to the west from echo summit.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I predict it will run to 395

3 Likes

Here is the approximate viewshed of the heavenly flir. That is to the ground. Any fire with heat will show up on the FLIR 100-300’ agl.

6 Likes

I added another patrol location covering the south end…

5 Likes

Based upon your viewshed, is that fire on the west side of Fountain Place… i.e. 2 miles east of 89?

1 Like

The Blissful camera view.

2 Likes

Anyone have a QR Code for the IAP?

3 Likes

KCRA just showed the fire, well established, on the hillside above the fire station on the east side of SR 89.

4 Likes

The FLIR is obviously wrong this time

1 Like

So, with this, Pioneer Trail is definitely threatened.

3 Likes

This is informed speculation rather than fact, but based on the simulated view attached, current GOES temperature data (yes I’m aware of its limitations), and matching the fire when the camera is panned so it’s half out of frame, I believe the burning slope in FLIR is peak 7768, S of Meyers and E of 89, and not highway 50. You can see the right edge of the burning area match the topography of the right edge of this peak.

2 Likes

1 Like

With the local wind patterns coming up and over Echo Summit it doesn’t bode well. Lets hope things subside as the sun goes down. RFW and all…

1 Like

The DL Bliss cam is showing an ice cap that sure looks like it might be from that spot. Let’s hope not. Maybe someone can plot it to confirm.

1 Like