CA-ENF-Caldor?

Can anyone post a recent IR image or current map of what fire did overnight?

I donā€™t know if this will help you.

https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!2021_FEDERAL_Incidents/CA-ENF-024030_Caldor/GIS/Products/20210819/

1 Like

Anyone have any idea what is showing on the SierraatTahoe webcam? Has the fire reached the granite?

4 Likes

Not yet, thatā€™s one of the spots south of 50 from 2 days ago waking up.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-Sierra&v=fd40736

5 Likes

Looks alittle Far East for that to be a spot from the Caldor??? Thatā€™s Pyramid in the background, this a new start???

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely further east than I would expect to see. Almost looks like itā€™s close to Strawberry/Twin Bridges

1 Like

From the CalTrans CCT camera at Twin Bridges, this would appear to be in the Horsetail Falls area, possibly within the Desolation Wilderness boundaries.

CT Twin Bridges

1 Like

Satellite shows a lot of smoke hung west of the crest near Echo. May just be smoke that looks ominous on camera?

1 Like

If you play the 1 Hr on the Sierra at Tahoe cam itā€™s def not drift smoke

1 Like

Prevailing winds in the area are pushing Caldorā€™s smoke away from that camā€™s view shed. Looks like a new start. You can see the cam operator trying to focus on it and triangulate. Should be processed via Camino ECC, AEU/ENF. Somewhere between Strawberry and Icehouse Res.

2 Likes

Call just went out for an aircraft (Firewatch 509 out of Placerville) for an area check, south of Lake Aloha and West of Sierra Tahoe.

2 Likes

Looks like a Cobra was sent ADS-B Exchange - tracking thousands of aircraft

2 Likes

WATCH509 has ordered an Air Attack. This will be for south of Aloha, west of Sierra at Tahoe

Radio traffic was clipped so couldnā€™t hear if it was named or considred a spot which I doubt based on winds and distance.

Nice pick up there @captain71

4 Likes

Firewatch509 just reported that this smoke is coming up the canyon from the main fire. It is not a new fire. Air Attack is still enroute though.

10 Likes

Anyone have any info of western flank ? In particular in the sly park area. Camp creek drainage holding?

1 Like

Sierra At Tahoe camera showing a good build

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious on this also

The north east flank, the head, is the exciting part but itā€™s the western edge that effects many of us in sly park and pleasant valley. I feel like info has been very scarce for us along that edge.

4 Likes

Please everyone remember that most of the people posting are Firefighters who are working the fire or are taking the time to gather the info and get it out the best they can. They also truly understand that everyone is looking for info. Please be patient with these folks who put a lot of time into what they are giving us. So if youā€™re looking for something ask but understand it may or may not come but no one is purposely immuring info. Itā€™s a long slow journey to put these fires out and we all have to thankful for what info we get, hard in these days of instant information. Be safe everyone and hopefully everybody goes home soon

37 Likes

Well said. I agree

2 Likes