CA-ENF-Caldor?

Hopefully visibility doesn’t hamper them. The cameras look pretty smoked out. If it’s able to sit and build under the smoke it could align with the drainage and make a run with forecast weather.

1 Like

The nightly down canyon winds look to be trying to switch directions

3 Likes

I’ve camped a lot at Barry’s Crossing. The winds always blow up canyon in the morning and down canyon in the afternoon. This pattern will keep things challenging.

3 Likes

3 Likes

T88 and (T87?) heading to the fire. Sounds like they will just be on stand by due to the smoke.

2 Likes

2 Scoopers and a lead from Chico are overhead

2 Likes

T15 from MCC enroute as well

3 Likes

How much room do the scooper need to scope? There are several dams and reservoirs in that area. Sly park, Bear River, Silver lake etc. Bear river and Salt springs have long runs. Lower country would be Hogan and Pardee .

2 Likes

C404 enroute from Columbia

2 Likes

Some command traffic on here

3 Likes

Looks Like T15 made it just north of Fair Play and now is back at MCC. Guessing low visibility over fire.

2 Likes

With the current conditions Hogan and pardee would be the best bet but their heading back to chico now. Going to be a helicopter show.

5 Likes

Copy, I drove over the Cosumnees River on Latrobe road yesterday and it’s damn near dried up. So I’m thinking the Middle Fork is close to the same or down to a trickle and that’s near the fire for bucket work.

3 Likes

Probably salt springs or bear river would be their best bet.

1 Like

FWIW, the scoopers have been off the fire for a while now and are headed East to UT. Presumably to UT-Parleys Canyon near SLC.

3 Likes

With the current conditions and lack of resources and size I would think team talk would be imminent.

Mt. Zion showing a new smoke

http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/index.html?camera=Axis-MtZion2&v=fd40731

Vehicle fire off of east Clinton. Crews getting a handle on it.

2 Likes

Seems the heat signature is growing ( Dixie south zone on top) this fire on the lower right:
https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&sec=conus&x=7505.5&y=3535.949951171875&z=5&angle=0&im=18&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&lat=0&p[0]=band_02&p[1]=cira_natural_fire_color&opacity[0]=1&opacity[1]=0.5&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

3 Likes

All team requests must go through NMAC in Boise, due to the simple fact there are hardly any teams left to deploy. It is all coming down to prioritizing incidents and resource requests.

4 Likes