CA-ENF-Caples???

From Inciweb:

“Using fire line constructed from the ridge top on the north side of Caples Creek from a previous burn area, existing hand line, and natural fire breaks, crews are continuing active ignitions in the southwest and northeast sections of the fire perimeter to secure area north of Caples Creek.”

152 personnel assigned.

I assume all is well on the burn? Looking at the cameras shows a lot of wind and a lot of smoke.

Doesn’t look good, might get some bonus sections out of it…

1 Like

By the thermal it is hitting Caples Creek/Silver Fork American River now…with a head of steam.

1 Like

What fire is this??? Big Hill Camera

http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/index.html

That is the Caples Rx burn

Caples RX…well started as an RX a few days ago. Hopefully it stays within linesS

That’s got some serious wind on it. Should be interesting to see if gets away from them. Seems to be running hard!

ENF just dispatched 5 engines to the caples rx burn… must be getting squirrely

4 Likes

Big hill cam has a great shot of it.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/index.html

1 Like

it has been cranking for awhile. what does AA have to say about its movement?

It’s supposed to be a 1000+ acre burn for this stage. It’ll put up smoke…

1 Like

Yeah- its been putting up smoke for a few days now… what it is doing now is more than putting up smoke. That is why they are ordering a bunch of resources…

1 Like

There is room for error but the latest VIIRS puts heat west of the Silver Fork of the American River. I believe this was going to be one of the natural barriers for holding. Very possible the heat hit is wrong due to resolution issues but thought Id share since that column has been leaning over the river all day.

1 Like

Are the resources being ordered part of the planned contingency resources in the plan (“Cerritos Grande resources”)? Or has Caples Rx been declared a “wildfire” (i.e., exceeded its planned boundaries; exceeded the resources on-hand; exceeded the funding allocated to complete the project) and those resources being ordered to suppress the “wildfire”?

4 Likes

Declaring it a wildfire. Ordering fixed wing and ground resources.

2 Likes

:disappointed: This is a bummer

2 Likes

…there goes THAT project!!! :joy:

2 Likes

Another CalFire Charlie ST from the unit forming up

2 Likes

I had a feeling that was going to happen since they had AA15 & 51 working.

1 Like