CA-KNF-McKinney?

Yep, several forests sent resources up to NOPS today on a NOPS Prepo. Lots of stuff moved up earlier today.

5 Likes

Very eerie looking as the sun goes down

1 Like

Neighboring forests were housing quite a large number of out of state resources that were sent immediate need right off the bat.

4 Likes

Yes 10 taking this fire and 11 will be inbriefed Sunday am for prepo.

3 Likes

IC just had dispatch have all incoming resource to stage in Yreka and report to Oak Knoll @0700 for briefing

4 Likes

Team 10 (formerly NorCal Team 2) has LOTS of experience in the Klamath, Gap, Beaver, Pony, and many more. Fortunately they are up for the assignment, this is tough country to fight fire in from all fronts, fuel, weather, topography, and logistics.

8 Likes

New lightning fire being reported at 49721 Hwy 96

3 Likes

Not to mention one of their OSC2 is Chief 2 on the KNF.

7 Likes

2022 Klamath Complex, here we come?

15 Likes

With the amount of lightning KNF is taking tonight, unfortunately I think you’re right.

5 Likes

Sounds like tomorrow is shaping up to be a Smokejumper day!

3 Likes

Anyone know if Team 10 has a Box/FTP site where the IAP will be posted? If I can get a Comm plan, I’ll update the Siskiyou County Sheriff and Fire - West Broadcastify feed with the relevant frequencies tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if FIRIS or another mapping platform is flying another mission tonight?

1 Like

We might be starring at one of those fires that get on the top 20 list. I Wonder what the feds draw down numbers look like with all this activity in other states. Not to mention AK. And bad weather rollin in… No bueno

4 Likes

Almost every IHC in NOPS was sitting on base today minus the couple that are on the Oak. The last of the R5 crews came home from AK a few days ago. SOPS sent a few crews north today for prepo that have all moved over to this.

7 Likes

Well that’s good news. I would have thought a portion of them would be out of state.

2 Likes

Last 6 hours lightning energy density time lapse from CIRA Group Flash Count Density (satellite). Note this does not indicate ground strikes, just overall activity: lightning KNF 072922

11 Likes

The clouds finally cleared a bit and that IR heat signature is… impressive.

7 Likes

Quite a few shot crews on oak the few I seen valyermo, golden eagle, kings river vista grande, los padres, Little T I believe Palmaro and I think it was Blue Ridge out of AZ edit: Stanislaus hotshots as well though to my knowledge most north ops shot crews are available

4 Likes

Capped out. Big dog

7 Likes