CA-KNF-RIVER COMPLEX(contained)

Why are you asking if this is on the wrong thread? InciWeb shows 195,779 acres and 45% containment…

CIIMT 15 in briefs today at 1200. Shadow day Friday 9/24 and assume command (again) at 1900 on 9/24.

3 Likes

Well crap, looks like some new activity in Haypress. A Facebook post said someone in Lewiston called CalFire and was told a control burn. Seems a bit windy and a day before a Red Flag, but what do I know?

2 Likes

view of the flare up from Redding looking NW at the River Complex.

4 Likes

Someone posted this in a Facebook group:

2 Likes

Per inciweb helicopters are being used in the sugar pine lake area with three more type ones ordered and a hotshot crew to aid in suppression of the fire in this area.

4 Likes

Visible from bunchgrass lookout right of center screen.
http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-BunchGrassLookout1&v=fd40730

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-KNF-RIVER COMPLEX???

3 Likes

Is this a current photo, as in taken today? Are the winds whipping this fire back to life? That is what I fear may happen. The winds down here in Sonoma are quite strong, and expected to get stronger.

2 Likes

I haven’t taken any today. The one I posted earlier today was from yesterday evening. Did you work this fire?
The winds are crazy again today! According to inciweb they are on it!

3 Likes

this thread seemed to jump north several hundred miles.
CA-KNF-RIVER COMPLEX

Sequoia National Park and Forest, in Central California East of Fresno.

I believe you’re referring to the CA-NEU-River fire. Different fire. This fire is on the Klamath and has been burning all summer, just hasn’t received a lot of attention compared to the other fires this year.

2 Likes

Probably referring to the KNP complex

Just heard the same…names are getting confusing given how many fires there are, but at this point, they might have merged into one given their proximity.

It’s not really that confusing. The naming convention used on this forum is the same that the fire services use for their fires. The KNF in the title stands for Klamath National Forest, KNP stands for Kings Canyon National Park. That’s how you can discern between the KNF River Complex, NEU River, and KNP Complex fires when looking at these forums.

Usually, when an agency has a complex of fires, they name it something other than just “Complex”, it might be the month “July Complex” or a geographical location “River Complex”. The KNP Complex fire is unusual in that regard and that adds to the confusion.

14 Likes

Well said, Fishcop

1 Like

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply.. .

2 Likes

looks like a big blow is coming this week to put this fire to bed and all of them in North Cal for good this season.

10 Likes

100% contained. Estimated containment date was 10/25.

9 Likes