CA-KNF-SLATER

Good point and true I am sure! Normally on in-brief an IR flight would be ordered and a decent map would be generated for the next op period but I would suspect it may be a few days before we get anything close to accurate due to the overwhelming amount of fire activity in the West affecting the availability of IR flights.

1 Like

XSN2396C is enroute to the Incident Forestville, Cloverdale, Schell-Vista, Santa Rosa, Rancho Adobe, with a Sonoma Valley STL. Is there ANYWHERE in the State That isnā€™t burningā€¦? Heads on a swivel, and LACES for everyone. No lives lost for little/no gain! Be safe, Brothers.

8 Likes

Crescent City radio station is reporting Gasquet under immediate evacuation order and Highway 199 closed at 197 in Hiouchi to the Oregon State line. Evavcuees going to fairgrounds in Crescent City.

2 Likes

New evacā€™s today due to a new start near Seiad Valley, the Devil fire. I imagine these two fires will be run as a complex, since it is likely they will burn together. Evacuations in place now from Scott River Road west on Highway 96.

Per North Ops:
CA-KNF SLATER FIRE: 90,000 acres timber, 0% contained. Fire behavior remained extreme with long range spotting. Evacuation Orders in remain for the town of Happy Camp as well as Gasquet, and along Klamath River in the fire area. A Red Flag Warning remain for the fire area until 2100 tonight for gusty winds and low humidity. California IMT 10 (Dalrymple) will assume command at 0600 tomorrow morning.

Per Siskiyou S.O.:
Slater Fire Updates

Happy Camp, CA

Mandatory Evacuation Orders have been extended from Clear Creek along Highway 96 to Oā€™neil Creek Campground. The order extends from Highway 96 to the Oregon Border. The Evacuation Orders include the communities of Happy Camp and Seiad Valley.

PLEASE EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!!!

EVACUATION WARNING:

An Evacuation Warning is in place from Oā€™neil Creek Campground to the mouth of the Scott River.

TEMPORARY EVACUATION POINT LOCATION:

Klamath River Union Elementary School

30438 Walker Rd.

Horse Creek, CA 96050

With Happy Camp under evacuation where is camp going to be? Not a lot of options along Hwy 96.

City park unusable due to fire?

Just heard it was the park

Donā€™t typically set up camp within a mandatory evacuation area. Maybe the mandatory zone is north oh 96.

1 Like

The camp is at Klamath River Elementary School in, well, Klamath River. About 30 miles east of the Slater Fire.

2 Likes

Base Camp is in River Park in Happy Camp. Fire activity has settled down from what it was and this will reduce risk of travel to and from the fire by firefighters. Good call.

Thanks Salt, got here this morning and found out that Klamath River Elementary was yesterdayā€™s plan. New day, new plan.

The Devil Fire had clear air and a good column at 0700. Happy Camp has been smoked in all morning.

2 Likes

not certain where to ask, but, is this a new fire showing up south of Susanville on the Antelope Mt/Susanville webcam?

Yes and no. Thereā€™s an Antalope Mt cam for Klamath and one on Lassen Modoc by Susanville

1 Like

This would be on the Lassen Modoc

Looks like some burning from the old Sheep fire on the Susanville Antelope cam.
[EDIT]:
Upon further review, it may not be pointed at the Sheep.

1 Like

Hasnā€™t really developed a build since I started watching it, but itā€™s behind a mountain and canā€™t see its base.

2 Likes

Grass Valley sent some engines & a dozer up to Sierra County / & ā€œBearā€ (if my memory is correct) Mountain yesterday (or maybe the prior) afternoon. The dispatch was garbled. It might be that; but havenā€™t heard any chatter since.

1 Like

I watched that one from the webcam on Babbit and finally saw helicopters making drops on it. That one is way south of this. This is up by Doyle or above, but it doesnā€™t seem to be growing so something is working it. I havenā€™t checked the webcam, but that one was kept small.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ not enough cameras (or ones that arenā€™t smoked out) to try & triangulate.

Agree, better than past but nowhere near what is needed. High definition satelite will one day probably be the answer.