CA-KNP-Complex (Contained)

Oh. My bad. When I see MKU I usually associate that with CALFIRE and way better food for the troops.

4 Likes

Yes they are(MKU)ā€¦Lets get the hard working troops fed regardless whoā€™s doing it. Hopefully with so good eats.

10 Likes

It could be a Calfire MKU that the feds are being allowed to use until a National Caterer becomes available. We have done this a few times in the past. Last year near Alturas they had a Nevada Dept of Forestry kitchen for a while.

7 Likes

Another view of the fire.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-BearMtnFresno1&v=fd40741

3 Likes

Yes, in the dark it was rather lit up out there.

2 Likes

Imagine being in the vic when the snag hit it and turned to powder. Iā€™d probably have to change my pants.

5 Likes

So what the heck is the fire doing

2 Likes

Secret, surprisingly quiet on this fire from everyone.

1 Like

That havenā€™t a whole lot about the fire in days.

1 Like

Does anyone have a working link to an IAP

That area is a black hole for picking up radio traffic that isnā€™t Air show traffic and the air show is pretty much zero.

I am on the Cal Fire Branch of the fire with a dozer, so I only see our little part of the world.the big runs from yesterday smoked out the fire today. The inversion never lifted so it was really hard to pick out ridges to work. Weather forecast for tomorrow shows much warmer temps and lower humidity.
The fire grew about 3000 acres yesterday.
We are building contingency lines in the event the fire spots across the North Fork of the Kaweah River. Thatā€™s about all I know.

26 Likes

Thanks for your work on the west side.

9 Likes

This fire is a bit different, park is on knp command 1 and 2 Porterville- ash fire , and a lot of cell calls , calfire is TUU L mixed with Tacs -radio to radio and a lot of cell calls , a new clone was yesterday, some new tacs . Have not got new info . Calfire is back to 24s so it might take a shift or two for info to get out

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-KNP-Complex???

https://fb.watch/89XWnV-MjD/

Daily brief.

1 Like

Smoked in all day, no flights or radio traffic pertaining to flights. Branch 2 & 3 little fire activity, skunking around in the burn a little. Plumbing a hose lay from Milk Ranch at least to 198 for sure. Tractors sitting, starting to scout for busy work, I imagine because they have them way up Mineral King and itā€™s a nightmare hauling equipment in and out. Pretty much all Hand crew country. Terrain is geographically about impossible to construct beneficial dozer line pertaining to what the fire is doing and where itā€™s at. Thatā€™s about it

13 Likes

Div. C have holding issues and requesting type 1 copter support.
I believe that will require AA to be up. Going to be some response delay
to asses the smoke conditions.

4 Likes

https://fb.watch/8b5VrTeGRC/

2 Likes

Updated Evacuation Notice : Sheriff Boudreaux has issued EVACUATION WARNINGS for the communities of Eshom and Heartland Camp, including Eshom Valley Drive, from Fresno County Line, South to Tarbell Pocket on Eshom Valley Drive, and North Mountain Road, 468 North to the County line. The warning includes all structures, side roads, associated roads, and forest service roads, due to the KNP Complex Fire.

Evacuation warnings are voluntary. Community members are strongly encouraged to prepare to evacuate if it becomes necessary. If individuals feel they need more time, please consider leaving the area now.

The temporary evacuation point, where you may find information and assistance is at the Woodlake Community Center at 145 N. Magnolia. Individuals who may need assistance evacuating may call 2-1-1. Older individuals (60+) who need assistance with evacuation or information may call the senior hotline at 1-800-321-2462.

4 Likes