CA-LNU-Glass???

Just some of the air traffic on Glass Fire. Looks like the flanks and heal are being worked.

1 Like

Live footage being shot from above the heel

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/live/

3 Likes

Fire is cresting the ridge above Calistoga Ranch resort and Lommel Road, backing into Biter Creek drainage. Screenshots from FB Live:
https://www.facebook.com/WFLANewsChannel8/videos/3397083227050061/

5 Likes

NWS SF - 1:30pm
High confidence that offshore winds will kick up again overnight. It is these overnight conditions that will be the most critical for fire weather conditions. Given that the Glass Fire is already underway, the mixing of NE winds back down to the surface along with no overnight recoveries will make this a challenging night for firefighting operations.

3 Likes

Looks like it has spotted reservoir in this video.
2 Likes

Reported new fire…Boysen Fire

Another fire off Spring Mountain Rd in Napa Co, just west of St Helena being called the #BoysenFire - 50+ acres & well established, IC wants evacuations for Spring Mountain Rd which will be impacted shortly. Separate to the #ShadyFire & #GlassFire.

2 Likes

From CA Fire Scanner on Twitter

6 Likes

Boysen IC is now branch 5 of the glass incident

2 Likes

And Shady is its own incident with evacs extending into Sonoma County

5 Likes

Anyone have any guess on acreage on the west branch?

Was there a change in comms?

Comm plan for West Zone? Specifically near Bennett Valley Golf course? Don’t know what division this is? TIA.

2 Likes

I think they changed. They were still on LNU west tone 10 but its dead quiet now. There was an announcement from saint Helena but I missed what was said…

1 Like

try CDF CMD 1 151.355

Also not sure where my air freqs landed with the thread cleanups but here goes again
Air Tactics 167.425
A/G 159.375/192.8 (CDF Tac 20)
Rotor Vic 123.825
TFR/Vic 132.675

4 Likes

Been monitoring CMD1 but silent for about an hour. No traffic on LNU west at all. Maybe they moved over to an NIFC?

1 Like

Until all of the radio frequencies get squared away, I am using this online scanner: Northern California Major Incident. It has the Air Traffic as well as the Command frequency operational. What I don’t hear, is much for the West Branch. Keep in mind that since this is now being run as a single incident, the air traffic will all be through the same AA.

6 Likes

So far, command should definitely still be active on CMD 1 and LNU West. They are planning to move to CDF CMD 11 151.1675/103.5 eventually, so get that in the rotation. No timing, it could be mid-operational shift today since that’s in everyone’s radio load, or in the next op period or two…

1 Like

Does anyone have a decent shot of an ops map, or heat signatures?

Have a lot of family out in front of this thing and evacuated, trying to put their minds at ease.

2 Likes

Latest as of 0405

https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/!2020_Incidents/CA-LNU-015947_Glass/IR/NIROPS/20200928/

4 Likes

So I guess I missed the call. Running the whole thing on CMD-1 now. LNU West clear for new business. West has been assigned the double letter divisions. Will scan CMD-11 and wait.

4 Likes