CA-LNU-Kincade??

It’s a super “Alpha” friendly area. If the winds weren’t off-shore, then yes, would be burning into more type-3 areas. Unless, of course, the projected wind event late this morning pushes it across the 101. Then, would be non Alpha friendly all the way to the great Western fire break.

2 Likes

I am relatively new to the wildfire tragedies, so would appreciate any knowledge / insight you can share regarding the current situation. How do you know that the Geysers were responsible for the fire?

Hi. The cause of fire is still under investigation, so I can’t confirm that it was responsible. However, the fire was reported at fumerole 9 & 10. There are many fumerole dotted throughout the landscape of the area known as The Geysers (it got its name because of the hot springs that folks used to vacation at for medicinal purposes). You can even see many of them from highway 101. This is the one where the fire is reported to have started according to GPS and CAL FIRE.

1 Like

So, let’s allow the investigators to do their job, which they do extremely well, and not spend cycles being speculative about what may or may not be the cause. A cause may not be determined for or released for a significant amount of time.

We have a lot of active fire impacting a lot of people covering a large area in a very short period of time. Let’s keep the discussion focused on the event at hand, please.

45 Likes

Same question…

How about OES Charlies?

Let’s keep on topic here and let the discussion about cause of the fire begin after investigations are complete.

This thread is for questions and discussion relating to the evolving incident.

Thanks

7 Likes

Seems like with all the evacuations they would be asking for a bunch of Alphas but haven’t heard anything yet.

Right now they are Reconciliation of equipment and plan for next day

2 Likes

I did hear 215’s are due by 1400, maybe we’ll hear something around that time.

1 Like

My guess will hear by 1600 hrs on orders coming after tactics meeting and planning meeting

3 Likes

Did anyone catch which large airtankers were assigned after airtacs request a while ago ?

heard 910 as one of them

Just saw a P-3 fly over the house from MCC… headed west.

1 Like

Yeah T910 just going over I80 now north of Vallejo

2 Likes

FlightRadar also has an Rj85 and Bae-146 over the area.

1 Like

Was just at McClellan watching the air show. I saw several BAE’s, an MD-80, and a P-3 headed out

Looking specifically for tanker 10…I know the pilot. He was in Ramona yesterday

2 Likes

IMG_0405.PNG

Tankers 100, 910, 160, 162 were the only contract LAT’s & VLAT I saw on the fire.