CA-LPF-Dolan

I am at the fire. We are calling it roughly 6,700 acres. It still hasn’t reached Coast Ridge Road, but mostly will today. A lot of effort is going in to protecting the structures and the Hermitage.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Approximate location?

1 Like

Looking north at Gamboa ridge from south side of Vicente creek

1 Like

Is there an online scanner?

Transitioning to a Type 1 fire team.

2 Likes

Which team?

• CA-IMT1 Team 2 (Minton) will in-brief on 8/20 @ 1000, Monterey District Office
3 Likes

Dolan IC stated it had come down Gamboa Point and is in bottom Vincente Creek drainage.

1 Like

Jumped highway one early this am around 4 am. Don’t know if it is controlled on the west side or not. Several houses on that side, Jumped at MM 30 between Dolan Point and Rat Creek

1 Like

It is controlled now.

6 Likes

The fire has reached Anderson Peak, crossed the North Coast Ridge Road, made a major push toward Cone Peak, and is wrapping around the north and eastern side of the Hermitage property. When the fire was in line, there were runs with 200 -300 foot flame lengths. The fire spotted over the dozer line that was being constructed around the Hermitage. It is now a matter of individual point protection as the fire moves through all those structures and sites.

5 Likes

That is not good at all. Those are two of our major comm. sites for the Forest.

1 Like

XLC 1202A just demobed from MOC incident and en route to the Dolan.

8/24 8:00 pm update: 20,091 acres; 15% contained.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Word is that the large spot east of the DIV F/DIV X break is a mapping error.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that is an accurate representation. I heard the radio traffic day before yesterday. Do you have more info?

2 Likes