CA-LPF/SBC-Cave??( Was Painted Cave)

2,500 acres per AA 51

1 Like

The fresno county one is a socal Edison burn near shaver lake.

Ucsb camera.

1 Like

I find it very interesting that all on duty ANF equipment was ordered into 24hr staffing. But the LPF resources not assigned to the incident where sent home. This is kind of troubling knowing that area and have worked in that area for years to see an agency just send home resources is almost despicable when there is an emerging incident in your yard.

11 Likes

Just watching the timelapse that was likely a firing operation and it has reached the main fire now.

1 Like

Seems that if this is pushing south it’s gonna hit the Thomas burn scar pretty directly. I heard the news feed referencing Gibalter Rd as the south evac area. That was pretty much the northern boundary of the Thomas if I remember correctly.

Standard Operating Procedures by the LP upper management

5 Likes

ROSS showing pending requests for ANF and CNF Type 3 ST needed for tomorrow at 06. 10 STA’s to CA-CR01. A type 3 ST from SLU filled.

1 Like

AA-51 stating 2850 acres.

3 Likes

Local news stating wind gusts in Montecito at 82mph…thats some crazy winds. Thankfully not on this fire

Whose the ordering point?

LPF Is the ordering point. Let’s see if this post get removed too

4 Likes

Montecito is only 10 miles south, RAWS sites in the fire area have hit 70mph gusts

7 Likes

80’s and 50 mph winds in Montecito. Low humidity as seen in green.

The winds are cranking, it appears to be some descending mountain wave activity that is really increasing the winds on the downhill Lee side of the ridge tops.

Anyone know if it’s moving toward Westmont college?

Seems like this Sundowner event came out of nowhere. Not a ton of buzz from the NWS about it or any sort of Fire Weather watch issued prior.

Also looks like theres some significant rain forecasted for the next few days. Any concern for debris flows in the area?

1 Like

XLC-1204A (E52 SGB, E61 MPK, E71ALH, E81 SPS, E105 ARC, BC6 MPK STEN enroute.

XLC-1202A (E15 BRK, E21GLN, E22 GLN, E33 PAS, E34 PAS, BC105 ARC STEN, BC3 PAS STEN-T) enroute.

1 Like

LPF staffing today for SB District was two engines and a chief officer. They extended until 1800. LPF laid off all their seasonals like most R5 folks. This is no different than any other winter fire like the Thomas or the Tea or the Jesusita. USFS should revisit their 1039’s in my opinion but…it hasn’t happened yet! Keep in mind all our federal type I (hotshot crews) are laid off too.

7 Likes