CA-LPF/SBC-Cave??( Was Painted Cave)

1 Like

Some good points by H4P. LP and most other forests this time of year don’t have all there resources.

Much bigger issues than just LP upper management.

3 Likes

Moving the other direction currently, away from Westmont

1 Like

The LP will only do extended staffing 24hrs if Vallejo orders them to do it. The only time I ever did 24s on the LP was during the Thomas Fire. LP hardly sends out strike teams even when the state is burning down because they’re afraid something will start on the Forest. It’s a head ache for employees on the LP.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d call 1800 extended staffing. In my time on the LP I was on till 1800 even through winter months. They extended the helicopter contracts so they should have revisited holding seasonal employees through the contracts of the helicopters.
It’s an upper management issue the LP has had for years, they’re always afraid of letting crews off forest and asking to extended employees. Time to reorganize management priorities.

1 Like

There is always concern about debris flows following fires in the Santa Ynez Mts.

4 Likes

It’s crap that even the apprentice that are “perm” even get laid off with the seasonals 13/13 that leaves an open seat for late season fires like this and the Thomas.

2 Likes

Derailed like usual…
eff9bebe5d6651c8a0159032934db48d

12 Likes

Div O is most Active currently with a couple spots cross the line, hwy 154 and painted Cave Rd Area

4 Likes

Any other info about the fire?..and not LPF staffing

9 Likes

Still actively burning and 2 charlies from RRU headed north last night. Winds are moderate out of the NE ahead of the storm this morning at ONT.

COMMUNICATIONS PLAN (ICS205)
COMMAND: Los Padres Forest Net 170.4625
TACTICALS:
LP T3, 168.2625, CDF T 4 151.190, T 11 151.445, VFIRE 25 154.2875

1 Like

4,100 ACRES from Morning Briefing

Looks to be four S2’s on it already early morning, with a lot of medium and heavy rotor wing enroute to Santa Ynez.

1 Like

2 LATS requested. I heard Tanker 12 and maybe 910??

1 Like

Looks like some action up along the ridge tops/peak…
http://www.alertwildfire.org/centralcoast/index.html

UCSB campus cam

Is there a different Scanner channel than the one posted?

Guessing that forward progress has been stopped? :smiley:

6 Likes

Any info on how this has handled the rain ?