CA-LPF-Tecuya??

Are the tankers loading out of WJF ?

Some but not all of them. Some of the S-2’s have been going to Porterville, but that might have been because they needed to refuel as well.
Some of the type 1s amhave come out of SBD. Tanker 106 is using a new retardant and I believe that is why it is going there.
But some of the tankers have been going to Fox.

2 Likes

Thanks, I assumed SMX would be the shorter turn around as the crow flys.

1 Like

Fox is about half the distance from the incident as SMX, and Porterville is within a mile or two of the distance from the incident as SMX

2 Likes

Anybody know the forecasted weather for this afternoon at/near the incident? I have seen Frazier Park’s and it seems as though the winds aren’t too bad. Mainly wondering if more thunderstorms might be rolling through and erratic winds with them.

1 Like

Word on updated acreage?

The IA thread has a link a close weather station.

2 Likes

There is not talk of thunderstorms in any of the forecasts. Any thunderstorm are expected to be East of the Sierra Crest or in the deserts today

2 Likes

Some, there’s two (TNKR911 and TNKR106) coming from San Bernardino. TNKR106 has refilled at WJF twice but returned to San Bernardino. TNKR106 is coming back to the scene of the fire as of 11:56 am.

3 Likes

Update: all tankers are refueling in Mojave.

3 Likes

None of the tankers are going to Mojave…

AA07 may be going there for fuel, but none of the other aircraft have gone there.

3 Likes

Using flighttracker24 you could see a few earlier

1 Like