CA-MEU-Mendocino Complex???

IAP QR Scan code???

1 Like

Scroll through today’s Iap, cdf drop box and nfic info have been posted numerous times today.

Heard from hubby, says major evac happening potter valley area & the were all safe. Unfortunately that’s all I got. Unable to call this was sent via text.

1 Like

A view from Sonoma County about 1830 Hrs. The beast had awoken!

It’s late ,but everything went quiet after impact to hwy 175…
Intel or updates?

It sounds like the fire laid down and crews were going to be able to pick it up with a couple hours of work.

1 Like

does anyone know if they are still loading tankers out of santa rosa?

Where is Base Camp?

Yes…

MD 87s and BAE 146s all day llong.

KTVU2 live Facebook feed is up

This link is being passed around as a possible summary of the evacuations (mandatory and advisory). I cannot figure out the source of it and I don’t know if I trust it 100%. Anyone know the source?

2 Likes

Well that was last night. This afternoon the fire made it across 175 and is now well established and made a hard run to the south and east, is currently being hung up in the flats but still moving along the ridge.

2 Likes

Anybody have information on the Ranch Fire’s behavior this afternoon? I’m having a hard time finding updates. I know a couple of the radio frequencies is that area are down so I’m sure that’s a big part of it.

View from Middletown 5 minutes ago.

Anyone hear about the current activity in division MM on the River fire? Reports were that it was making a hard push toward lakeport with impacts to structures.

I don’t know anything that detailed. Here is what I do have.

This morning’s map:

News and notes:
07/31/2018 1910 CA-MEU Mendocino Complex: 80,408 acres grass, brush, timber, 12% contained (comprised of both the River and Ranch incidents). Both fires remained active overnight with a total of 214,610 civilians are currently evacuated for the complex. CAL FIRE IMT-2 and USFS Mendocino National Forest (MNF) are managing this incident under unified command. River Fire: 28,869 acres grass, oak woodland, 12% contained. Ranch Fire: 51,539 acres oak woodland, brush 10% contained. Evacuations continue for the greater Potter Valley area to the Mendocino & Lake County line as well as areas of Southern Lakeport to Hwy 29 including Kelseyville, Finley, Big Valley Rancheria, Upper Lake, and Nice. Lake County jail has been evacuated. Road closures are in effect for portions of CA-175, CA-20 and CA-29. Critical communication and infrastructure remains threatened.

The OPS map is here: https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/2018_Incidents/CA-MEU-008674_Mendocino_Complex/GIS/Products/20180731/opsDD_11x17_20180731_0218_Mendocino_Complex_CAMEU008674_River_opt.pdf

2 Likes

Took this photo from our flight from Kauai to San Jose…around 8:45 this evening…looking North/North West

2 Likes

River
http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2178
31898 acres with 38% contained
Ranch
http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2175
59014 acres with 15% contained

Ukiah fairgrounds