CA-MNF-August Complex???

Do you have any updates

1 Like
1 Like

The Hopkins fire in the Yolla Bolly wilderness in this complex got up and ran north and west today. Burned thru the 3 forks area south of Ruth lake on the Six Rvers forest. Heading for Ruth and west to Zenia and Kettenpom now. No perimeter control possible, just limited point protection at structures, even then, many burned there today. Big evacuation area moving folks out now, but very limited cell service and wifi in that area, no landlines. If you live there heed the evacuation orders, no ones going to be able to get in there to rescue you. If you’re assigned to the fire, stay heads up and keep your escape routes.Very little areas are safety zones in that big timber…

7 Likes

Ruth RAWS will be just 1 mile from the north head after today’s run to the north and west.

https://raws.dri.edu/cgi-bin/rawMAIN.pl?caCRUT

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 IMT Discussion

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 IMT Discussion

Is there another thread for this? A continuing incident thread? Not finding one. I know there have been many merges.

Also are there recommended scanner (I use Broadcastify) channels for the August Complex?

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

My ScanCal online scanner is covering the August on 2nd priority to the TGU-Elkhorn, which is rapidly diminishing here on the east side and switching over to SHF/SRF nets. It’s an independent mp3 stream and not Broadcastify.

And this is the thread for the MNF-August.

The Southern Blue team is transitioning out today and Great Basin Team 2 is picking this up tomorrow.

3 Likes

Ah!! Excellent!! Thank you very much for linking to your site. Adding it to my bookmarks.

I’m more used to reading about USFS fires than I am anything else, so I was unsure on where to find their scanners. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Per North Ops- 746k acres burned. A Great Basin Team is taking over the fire tomorrow.

confirm: 746,000 ac???

Here is the NOPS report, FakeFire missed a few details, mainly that 2 teams are managing the north and south parts of this complex, and that Elkhorn has been added to the complex.

CA-MNF August Complex: 746,607 acres grass, brush and timber, 25% contained. Active fire behavior with short crown runs, uphill runs and short-range spotting today. SHF Elkhorn has been added to this complex. Threat remains to structures and evacuation orders and warnings remain in effect. Road, area and trail closures in effect. Threats to private and Federal timberlands and ranchlands, powerlines, hydroelectric plants and communications infrastructure , numerous historic sites and critical wildlife habitat, Eel River and Black Butte Wild and Scenic River corridors and Mad River municipal watershed, and to Black Rock Historic Lookout, Penny Glade and Martin Cabin. 14th Brigade Engineer Battalion of the US Army assigned. Glade, Hull and Tatham Fires merged with Doe Fire. Active large fires within the complex: Doe: 437,090 acres, 23% contained, SHF Elkhorn: 255,309 acres, 27% contained, Hull: 13,177 acres, 100% contained, Tatham: 15,594 acres 100% contained, Glade: 25,378 acres, 100% contained. Naturally occurring asbestos poses a threat to firefighter safety. GB Type 1, Team 2 assume command of South Zone tomorrow. Southern Area Blue Type 1 IMT (Morales) in command of South Zone and Ca IMT 5 (young) in command of North Zone.

10 Likes

9/11 South Zone Ops Overview. Shifting some Branches and Divisions around. It’ll all shift again once Div Charlie burns through the last of the green up there and back into the State DPA once it leaves the Wilderness boundary.

West Communications is setup in Ukiah for MEU on CDF Command 8. Not sure on HUU prepping and ops.

8 Likes

Communications overview for the entire August Complex as of 9/14, with MODIS/VIIRS and GOES sensor imagery as of 9/14 evening.

Aug North and South Commands are on highest priority on scancal.org/live.html live scanner, north over south. I also have North and South Air, although not sure I’ll hear much air from Red Bluff with the east side all buttoned up.

4 Likes

796,651 Acres burned.
Pretty good size fire! Not a lot of information coming in looking at the thread!

1 Like

I would not be surprised if this fire hits the Hwy 101 corridore before all said is done.

The west side of this fire is looking much better, especially in the HUU area. If there was another off shore event in the near future, maybe the southern portion would make a push west, but the northwest portion is pretty locked in. I wouldn’t be surprised if the northern part east of Ruth pushes over highway 36. That’s not a great holding point and there’s not alot of good options past that for making a stand.

2 Likes

Except most everything around the trinity pines area is still black from the ‘15 fires. So not a whole heck of a lot to go through on that end. Just my two cents as a local of near there.

1 Like

2 Likes