CA-MNP-York??

For in the Mojave National Preserve, near Cima.
AA and 2 takes assigned along with BLM and NP resources.

3 Likes

H-525 has been committed, and likely so has H-554, responding from the earlier BDF incident

3 Likes

6 Likes

The York was dispatched @ 12:09

DIV 7103 DIV 7104 E7372 E7378 E7660 E7662
NEW YORK MOUNTAINS
35.1919, -115.3174

4 Likes

Lots of grass out there this year.

2 Likes

That area hasn’t burned in quite a few years. Fun fires out there worked there for a lot of years.

2 Likes

I know it looks like desert land but anything extended attack?

4 Likes

The New Yorks have some challenging terrain, higher altitudes and some timber
Pretty country

6 Likes

They have had extended attack fires there before.
Desert fires tend to go out when the sun goes down, but with this years grass crop, and the limited resources these incidents get, it could go. The pictures I’ve seen of the column are impressive but I have not seen anything close enough to tell fire behavior.

2 Likes

from watch duty

10 Likes

Per inci 1000 acres

2 Likes

Yes, there is a lot of PJ and sage in that country and we have had multiple teams deployed to fires out there.

4 Likes

hunted that area over 50 years, Has grass to tress and everything in between…not to leave out high temperatures and wind and also the New York’s have rugged mountains (hunting Chucker is only for the young or able in those hills). also fires out there tend to run long and hard. Stay well hydrated out there

4 Likes

I recall a fire that did 200K out there, took out most of the preserve, New Yorks and Providence Mountains.

4 Likes

burns every year; both large and small…but always comes back. great bird hunting and also desert mulies.

6 Likes

The air attack went for fuel. The lead plane was sent home shortly after arriving at the incident probably an hour ago.
H525 and AA51 are currently the only aircraft on the fire.

3 Likes

NPS in the let it burn mode, reduce the evil grass crop, kill the Joshua Bushes and blame climate change.

10 Likes

Tanker 107 is arriving at scene shortly and I believe Tanker 162 is also assigned, both pulled from R-6

3 Likes

Tanker 107 arrived at scene, but I do not believe they dropped… not sure why?
Tanker 162 also turned towards San Berdo at the same time.

2 Likes

Fire is reported at 2580 acres.

5 Likes