CA-MNP-York??

Precipitation is just east, outflows might be an issue.

4 Likes
3 Likes

ST9351C assigned

4 Likes

A state Charlie!?

3 Likes

9351 and 1602, both C - mobilizing

2 Likes

Where is 1602C from?

1 Like

Angeles Forest

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a SRA threat. Hence the state resource going to play.

2 Likes

Air attack over the fire now.

2 Likes

With the lack of activity in the state I would hope the state resources get to play more especially in terrain their not accustomed to diversify the fire experience within the agency.

7 Likes

No SRA. 9351C was ordered for Fed mission

5 Likes

They could just be playing the “let it burn over state line then it someone else’s problem” card.

1 Like

They aren’t, they are in full suppression mode. There are some politics being played but not on the Park Service side

7 Likes

Air attack did a few laps and returned to base.

3 Likes

It rained hard on parts of the fire this morning.

5 Likes
  • 80,437 Acres 23% contained.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2023/8/1/york-fire

2 Likes

My hat is off to those crews working out there on this fire. When I was at OVY running crew we went to a fire near Trona. Temp was 118. The fire was only about 60 acres if that. A one day fire. 80 thousand plus in this heat…Give those crews a raise and some serious R&R.

13 Likes

9351C ordered ABH for federal mission. With the current “staffing challenges” with all the out of region resources covering the So Cal forests. This does not suprise me.

6 Likes

Yup, I don’t care if it’s an all fed or all state incidents. Order ABH and put them out while we have these wet conditions and some resouce availability

6 Likes

The air attack went for fuel. The lead plane was sent home shortly after arriving at the incident probably an hour ago.

3 Likes