CA-MVU-Border 19???

Dog House Junction in the Otay’s

Lyons 2 ALERT Wildfire

Otay 2 ALERT Wildfire

1 Like

AA500, T70, T71, T72, T73, C10, C11, HT-729, H538

CMD: MVU 2

2 Likes

Good column building. I believe this will be Border 19.

3 Likes

Multiple engines dispatched to Station 36 for staging. Imagine this fire in August :man_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

With all the “international travelers” flooding in I don’t see these fires stopping for a long time!

4 Likes

Agreed. A daily occurrence the last week.

1 Like

Crossed the Otay fuel break which is about 6 dozer blades wide

5 Likes

It’s only June but it’s dry in the otays already

2 Likes

AA ordering 2 additional Tankers. Cal Fire B-3 has the IC and is advising 20 acres, MROS.

4 Likes

Over/under Chief for the final “Border Fire” number for 2022. We are already at 19 and its only mid/late June. I’m putting the number at 86

4 Likes

25 acres with potential of several hundred

5 Likes

100 Border Fires for 2022

5 Likes

Sounds reasonable. Lots of burning season left and with the Border the way it is nothing would surprise me.

2 Likes

It’s not close to the fuel break yet and it’s not even close to 6 blades wide any more. Looks to be in Mine Canyon. The fuel break follows Otay TT, then shoots out Ridge Road and then turns north and ends just West of tank 3-5.

2 Likes

FC63, I’m simply stating what I heard one of the engines report. Thanks for the local insight!

3 Likes

34 years of dealing with Otay was enough lol!! If it’s mid Mine Canyon may have to fly troops in, another steep and nasty area !!

5 Likes

Hearing the AA speak with the copters and trying to nail down a helispot. Has one on the ridge but will not have them inserted until retardant is around it. Not sure of the correct location.

1 Like

I still have the map of the old helispots we put in back in 1996. Still can find some.

1 Like

Neat example of smoke column rotation/vorticity courtesy of the LyonsPeak2 cam

edit: higher resolution version posted here: https://imgur.com/a/MmYZ1cD

4 Likes

H538 is reporting a new fire in Sycamore canyon

3 Likes