CA-MVU-Marron??

Smoke on Otay Cam cam 2. Any info? Or is it in Mexico?

Marron Valley which is in the U.S.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/sdge/?camera=Axis-Otay2

Something working along 94 at Jewel Valley - near station 47 - but the camera is much further west.

Valley Helco advising 40-50 acres. Named Marron Incident.

MVU is asking Valley Ops to release at least 1 Cal Fire ST to IA this new fire.

1 Like

ST9340C leaving Valley Fire responding to Marron

1 Like

Has forward spread stopped already?

I don’t know. The thought was it would hit the ridge and be done. Maybe that idea worked.

looking at the cam, that looks like its on our side, North of the Tecate gate. should be about to pick that up fairly quickly before it hit the foot of tecate Peak on that side.

Looks no where near Tecate, looks like the bottom of Mine Canyon along the border.

1 Like

Showing some smoke in the Lyons South cam and Otay PTZ cam.

MVU dispatched a unit from Chula Vista to Otay Mountain TT and Doghouse junction. It was reported as a new start but I assume this is for the Marron Fire. Reported as 3 spots along the Highway 2 with a South wind on it pushing it across the Border. Location is… 32.577083, -116.806666
XSD CMD 3, CDF TAC 5

1 Like

Remember when Otay Mt. was just a mountain with dirt trails before it was a freeway system with HOV lanes and rest areas?

2 Likes

OH yes, worst truck trails to be on in the back if a model 1or5. Plus before 03 the fuel loading was soooo thick!!!

3 Likes

stopped many fires thanks to those trails. good and bad…but from a flycrews view…great…sorry if you would rather have the brush…a place for everything I guess…have a good night

1 Like

You can still see all the helispots put in Back in the early 2000s. After the 03 and 07 fires the Tecate Cypress took a horrible beating!! I spent 30 years up and down Otay. I did get all the tanks refurbished in 2017.

3 Likes

wildlife or fire tanks??? both my aclamades to you

The fire tanks, they where badly cracked and tank 3-5 was shot full of holes, got all 5 on Otay and the 2 on the west side of Tecate peak refurbished and they top them off every year.

Border Patrol maintains the truck trails now, plus BLM redid the International Fuel Break in 2019, you can see it in the Otay East camera.

3 Likes

Those fire tanks may be old school by some, but are a great source of water. great work/ thanks

1 Like