Radio channels: VFire 22
Scannerlink:https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/7831
Webcam link:
Agency Website:

1 Like

Copter 404 at scene

Fire now 800+ acres with 0% containment

1 Like

If it’s in the Butte’s is that NEU or BTU?

It’s under NEU’s responsibility

The base of the Sutter Buttes is LRA. The tops are SRA, in NEU.

2 Likes

I believe that there is no SAR land is Sutter Co., so I do not think Cal Fire has any administrative responsibility…but I had heard in the past, that they might align with the LNU…

http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_prevention/fhsz_maps_sutter

1 Like

The tops are SRA, in the CAL FIRE NEU. That’s why the aircraft, dozers and crews are going. If none of it were SRA and it’s clearly an island, it wouldn’t be a mutual threat zone (MTZ) that CAL FIRE would dump all that into. Especially as scarce as their resources are right now.

1 Like

Copy that, wasn’t sure how the responsibility was around there

According to the FRAP Sutter DPA map there is some state ownership on tops of the North ones father from this fire but it still is not SRA nor DPA, never has been. Sutter and SF counties have zero SRA.

1 Like

http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_prevention/fhsz_maps_sutter

As several others have said, CAL FIRE claims no SRA in Sutter county.

CBS has live video

2 Likes

The identifier is XSU, there is a small (400ish acres) island that is state owned call Peace Valley accessible from the North Butte Road side. The remainder of the Buttes, approx 50-60k acres is privately owned. The CalFire resources assigned are under what was formerly known as the 7 points agreement. I do not know the correct term for it now.

1 Like

Think all this should be under a Q&A side of the fire, what I would like to know is there any updates on this

10 Likes

1,500 - 1,800 acres, 40% contained

They are working it with AA230, T88, T89 and C404 which may have RON at Yuba Co. airport, this morning.

It is now called CALFIRE Mutual Aid (CFA) and any Fire Agency (FD) can ask for any amount of resources directly through their closest CALFIRE unit. It is free until the fire is contained, then becomes Assistance by Hire (ABH) after that. The only drawback is the aircraft is based on closest resource concept, meaning if there is a federal air tanker or helicopter closer than a CF aircraft, then they will be launched, but the Federal agencies are not a signer to the CA Master Mutual Aid agreement and thus they will be assistance by hire. Other than that CF can dump a lot of resources on a LRA fire and its free till they call the fire contained.

6 Likes

And agency has to provide all logtistical needs

2 Likes

I started the posts on this fire but got the name and agency wrong. According to fire.ca.gov the agency for this fire is Sutter County Fire Protection District (STC) and the name is Butte. They list the fire as 1,200 acres and 100% contained on the Sutter County Facebook page.

2 Likes