Significant augmented dispatch
VLAT and lead plane ordered

Cam: ALERT Wildfire

3 Likes

Command 2 tone 9 for the fire

1 Like

Evacuations in progress

2 Likes

BTU just punched out ST9211C to the rice immediate need. B2115 E2154 E2165 E2168 E2181 E2161

4 Likes

This will be the question thread. See the IA thread

3 Likes

If it started on the Rices Crossing side near French Corral… that is where the 49er fire started in 88.

5 Likes

49er Fire started north of there. It’s now burning towards that area. Head is at Troost Trail, a side road from Pleasant Valley Rd. Evac of the small community of French Corral in progress.

6 Likes

Pretty clear spot out front:

3 Likes

Yes indeed. Birchville and Hwy 49. If the winds turn more westerly it will head straight there. Hopefully if they can keep it from the Yuba River canyon they can keep it from heading into NSJ

2 Likes

Can someone post the AirTactics frequency? Thank you.

2 Likes

Rices AA has requested a second VLAT and ATGS training module

4 Likes

Several spots in front of the head now via Barr Ranch 2

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s off to the Rices.

26 Likes

Evacs along Birchville and Pleasant Valley Rd. To Hwy 49

2 Likes

Per Ic, 350 acres.

3 Likes

Two things to consider…
The weather at the start of the 49er was much different, very hot and offshore winds. It was also later in the year.
The area of Yuba, Nevada, Placer and El Dorado counties had a crippling snow storm in December. It dropped a lot of trees and there is a lot of dead and down across those counties. I would expect this fire will show the impact of all that dead fuel.
I would also expect at some point to see a fire behavior and fuels advisory posted for those areas as a result of this issue.

12 Likes

its torching on the cameras

4 Likes

FIRIS perimeter from 3:41pm.

8 Likes

That powerline corridor are two 60kv lines to Grass Valley and various subs feeding up the 49 into Downieville etc. I’d make sure generators are fueled if you’re anywhere in that Hwy49 area Birchville to Downieville.

6 Likes

INTEL-12 still up should have another map soon.

3 Likes