CA/OR-SKU/ODF-August Lightning??

On the radar looks like a lot of loud to ground strikes currently occurring in the northern SKU / Jackson county area.

ODF and USFS are responding to several new starts along the border. Im sure SKU and KNF will be shortly.

1 Like

New start Applegate Valley. 6586 Little Applegate road. 8500/7500/7300 en route.

TORNADO POSSIBLE OVER SOUTHERN JACKSON COUNTY AS DOPLER RADAR IS INDICATING ROTATION.

The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a

• Severe Thunderstorm Warning for…Northern Siskiyou County in northern California…Southern Jackson County in southwestern Oregon…

• Until 700 PM PDT.

• At 627 PM PDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Hilt, or 13 miles south of Ashland, and is nearly stationary.

HAZARD…60 mph wind gusts. Tornado possible.

SOURCE…Radar indicated.

IMPACT…Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

• Locations impacted include…I 5 Siskiyou Summit and Hilt.

This includes Interstate 5 in Oregon between mile markers 1 and 4.

2 Likes

Sounds like there are a few fires in the Applegate. 1/2 acre in both.

Looks like multiple conforms dry strikes in the Hornbrook/Hilt Area

2 Likes

LNF/SHF/LMU/SHU appears to be having some Lightning Fire working currently from a cell today

Numerous fires starting in Siskiyou County from the lightning cell moving through.

1 Like

SKU Ft. Jones Battalion (2), LCA open.
Searching for 2-1(Battalion 2-incident#1) in the Kidder creek area.

1-3 will be in Scar face road area.

Also unknown incident identifier, in Copco lake area

HUU engine strike team included on some of the balance of assignments.

Also commercial vehicle fire response in HILT.

( Educated guess- the north bound I-5 shuffle to begin now)

SKU online scanner

3 Likes

Copco fire is the 2-1 incident.

2-1 Incident near Copco lake is on the Oregon side of the Klamath river. Passed off to ODF

25+ acres

1 Like

3 more KNF fires in the Scott Bar area, Scott, Bar, and Hamburg.

Edit: 3 new fires located in the Klamath River area, 2 in the Beaver fire scar and 1 near the Maplesden Ranch.

More cells forming

Far Northstate lightning this afternoon

1 Like

Something is going big on Cali/Ore border. Unknown exactly location.

I5 Area? East ? West of?

Elaborate my friend

2 Likes

Looking at Modis, there is a good heat signature coming from the fire NE of Copco Lake in Oregon.

1 Like

Copy. Still no work for Cali then lol

2 Likes

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&z=5&im=60&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=170&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity%5B0%5D=1&hidden%5B0%5D=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=full_disk&p%5B0%5D=cira_natural_fire_color&x=13165&y=2865.166748046875