CA-ORC/CNF-Airport???

Anyone have the frequencies for today?

Fire encroaching on the comms towers on Santiago Peak for the third day in a row.

5 Likes

if fire could speak, it would be saying “well if you don’t clear the brush, i will”

17 Likes
2 Likes
Sep 12 at 12:24 PM

Report Image

2 very large air tankers (VLATs) and 4 large air tankers (LATs) have been requested by air attack.

View from the Bell Canyon North AlertCalifornia camera^

3 Likes

Does anyone have knowledge of where the MAFFS reload at? I have seen them flying southerly coming off the fire, but I am not familiar with where they would be heading. Enlighten me, please

1 Like

Last I knew, Pt Mugu.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought Todd, but then I saw them heading South off the fire past the 241 and 74 so I was very confused about where they were going

1 Like

Just a thought, Ramona is to get a CalFire C130 in the near future maybe they’re reloading there? or a long southbound round about to SBD

Not sure on that then.

2 Likes

They are reloading at Pt Magu. They are going out over the ocean and over Avalon.

4 Likes

I believe they reload at the nearest tanker base that can support LATs, I believe they have reloaded at both San Bernardino and McClellan this year. They are stationed at point Mugu.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone. Being a Nor Cal person visiting family in the area, it’s best to ask the local experts

2 Likes

The reload base needs to have a compressor to meet the need of the slide in pressurized tank. SBD, MCC, RDD & Magu are the only ones, at this point, that have the compressor

10 Likes

It sounds like Magu, but it’s spelled Mugu.

3 Likes

And it sounds like Gulf but it’s Golf. This site is getting so petty on who has to be 100% correct on every post. SMDH

12 Likes

Pt. Mugu in SoCal, they finished upgrading their infrastructure to be able to accommodate a higher volume, which they showcased during the borel and lightning complex.

There are a few locations around the US that have the capabilities to refill the system. Mugu and Sacramento are the main ones in CA.

4 Likes

SMX, tambien.

5 Likes

Gaining ground and with the upcoming weather maybe they can button things up a bit…

Sep 14 at 5:33 AM

The fire is now 45% contained per the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) & CAL FIRE.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: California Fire News & Weather