CA-PG&E PSPS

PG&E held a teleconference this evening at 5:30

· Foresthill is 100% restored.

1 Like

Typical diurnal winds, with cooler air flowing down canyon (out of the NE) in the early morning through mid-day hours when there is sufficient gradient following the lifting of the inversion from the prior evening, with typical speeds in the 5-25 knot range.

This morning had minimal gradient at my elevation (~2500’), with a gradual warm-up to the mid 80s and uncomfortably humid RH locally, hitting peak temps about the time power was restored (just before 1600), and amusingly, the breeze started to kick in right about then as well, with gusts of up to 15knots at the canyon rim.

https://www.pge.com/en_US/safety/emergency-preparedness/natural-disaster/wildfires/psps-weather-map.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_weather

PG&E Weather map, with predictions for the next 7 days by zone

So there seems to have been some sort of a phenomenon which affected your “normal” weather?

All customers restored as of 12:00 9/26

1 Like

You Folks up North may be looking at PGE shutoffs again.

1 Like

Yet again

1 Like

Any idea what happened to the map that showed the potential PSPS areas?

In blue or green surrounded by some neon color, I forget?

Either I can’t find it now, or it hasn’t been generated.

PSP Map

I see a static map with numbered zones and a weather map with wind blowing around but not the Google based map that was posted by them the last couple of times with specific areas highlighted.

1 Like

Area of concern is roughly from Bangor north up thru Shasta/Plumas/Tehama county lines

Map is a generalized estimation

1 Like

Last night PSPS

Sounds like over 1 million people will be affected later this week.

43%20AM

It seems that PG&E didn’t recognize that notifying 600,000 customers would generate more than a slight increase in their website traffic so the bandwidth is so constrained that the website is currently not operational.

Thanks for posting the map. PGE is sending out notifications now for all of Humboldt County. We weren’t originally included in PSPS plans. Haven’t heard of any local resource staging yet.

Effective +/- 0120 hrs, PSPS active in Shasta county.
Winds N@9mph
20% RH

Active nearly everywhere that I can tell.

Two fires early this morning in NEU that I know of, no word on cause, but I can guess…no lightning no electric service

In El Dorado County, no wind and 42%, and as a result, no power since 0dark30.