CA-PNF-North Complex

They’re saying the 24 hour growth is 230k, on top of the existing 40k.

2 Likes

Was watching the fire menacingly coming for Kelly Ridge on the CalParks cam then it went dead. The roads were clogged red with traffic as thousands of people streamed out of the foothills. Even staged dozers to clear abandoned cars if it came to that. Lots of just plain heroics last night with public safety personnel risking their lives to go in and get people out who could not evacuate on their own. Reminded me a lot of the chaotic evacuation of Paradise in 2018.

11 Likes

There were a lot of Camp 2018 learned lessons being utilized on the fire and SAR side of things yesterday and late into the night. The dozers, the evacs, early LE mutual aid, comm setups, etc. Strong work out there.

14 Likes

Does anyone know the status of Camp Okizu?

There was an engine there when the fire front went through. They didn’t talk about any damage.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: CA-PNF-North Complex??

Looking active already…Has the fire made it to the west side of the lake or is it still making its way around?

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-SunsetHill1&v=81e004f

South end of Paradise being evacuated

Paradise has issued an evacuation warning, not a call to evacuate according to the BCSO facebook page.

2 Likes

There is an evacuation warning for zone 14 which is the east side if Pentz road. Unless you have some sort of intel that you can share there are no evacuations currently in Paradise.

Yellow warning for the south edge of Paradise.

1 Like

@Theengineer was just reporting how the BCSO was reporting:

FROM THE TOWN OF PARADISE:

Bear Fire Update 8:45 am 9.9.20
An Evacuation Warning has been issued for Paradise Zone 14, east of Pentz Rd. Evacuation warnings have been issued for the Concow area. Cal Fire is closely monitoring Pentz Rd. for spot fires. We will update as the situation progresses. Click here for a zone map: https://www.townofparadise.com/…/1757-2017-paradi…/fileClick here to look up your zone by address: https://buttecountygis.maps.arcgis.com/…/Inform…/index.html…
Please be aware of dark intersections due to the current PSPS. Treat dark intersections as a 4-way stop.
If you feel you need to evacuate, please do so. If you feel unsafe, please take action, do not wait for an evacuation order or warning to do so.

2 Likes

Yeah, that says what I said not that the south end of paradise was being evacuated.

1 Like

Sounds like my buddies house off Stringtown Road in the Hurelton area is starting to be impacted by fire. Knowing the fire ran towards Oroville below him, it was only common sense it would possibly make a run up canyon.

2 Likes

Camp Okizu unfortunately took a big hit, most structures destroyed.

Todays Ops Map Branch XXIII (Lake Oroville area)

9 Likes

I have friends that live right on the edge of southern paradise and they said they were told by LE to pack everything up and leave if they had a place to go to.

1 Like

What street? They lifted the warning in zone 14 today, btw.

1 Like

1 Like