CA-PNF-North Complex

Was able to get some of the structure protection talk in Lassen County up on Lassen County Fire - Special. USFS R5 Proj

Got our butts kicked today on clairmont. Made a good run and nothing was stopping it

6 Likes

Looks like it bumped the Minerva burn. What’s the probability of it hooking around to the East?

I think the Claremont is a separate fire, unrelated to the North Complex. It’s a fire south/south west of Quincy.

Edit (I’d start at least a Q&A thread, if I knew how…) - figured it out, but I see Claremont IS in the PNF-Lighting thread.

Per SO houses are currently engulfed on Childrens Road.

2 Likes

View off 395 shows it chugging hard coming in south of Susanville. Just cleared the dump. Impressive column leaning hard over 395

2 Likes

The Bear, Claremont and Sheep are apparently the complex. The sheep is too far away from the other too for that to make sense to me.

2 Likes

Complexes are often split along administrative boundaries, and will include all fires in an entire National Forest or Ranger Unit.

3 Likes

Not the best but probably all they could get right now. Feds are stretched thin as is Cal Fire.

3 Likes

Sure. Still adds to confusion sometimes.

Aircraft working the Sheep, outside Susanville.

The Plumas News covers that area. And the PNF is fairly consistent using FB for fire updates.

I meant real time scanner traffic…
AND East Quincy is evacuating right now :frowning:

1 Like

Maps…

Claremont

2 Likes

All the starts in the North Complex.117644600_3274323842628549_7246740885593811695_o|375x500, 100%

4 Likes

Wow, what an annoying high amount of lightning starts. All that’s been found so far, there’s undoubtly a couple that will probably smolder undetected for long periods-- and hopefully just die out but who knows.

2 Likes

Latest VIIRS from 9:45 PM shows active points within the areas of Old Archery Rd, Childrens Rd, Old Scotts Logging Rd, Oak Mt Dr, Amesbury Dr, Morning Star Dr, and Jura Dr.

4 Likes

Looks like the East Quincy cam is getting hit or about to be… http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-EastQuincy&v=81e004f

They ordered a whole bunch of local engines from plumas county for structure protection in Quincy and released them after 4 hours.