CA-PNF-Sugar-??? (part of PNF-Beckwourth Complex) (Contained)

Looks like new start east of Quincy - cam shows possibly getting some precip on it also:

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/?camera=Axis-NorthPortola

2 Likes

Slightly better view

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-Beckworth2&v=fd40729

1 Like

CHP has it at Hwy 70 x Grizzly road…east of Beckwourth

2 Likes

Play back the 15 minute loop and at the end the fire can be seen squirting out behind the tree that is blocking the shot.

Sheeting towards the slope and timber with the thunderstorm outflow…

4 Likes

Fire is really picking up in intensity. Pushing up-hill.

2 Likes

Is that smoke from another fire blowing in and blocking the camera view?

2 Likes

Anybody have an incident name?

1 Like

Yes, column still visible on the North Portola Cam.

1 Like

CA-PNF-Sugar

Listening to radio, sounds like above

2 Likes

23 posts were split to a new topic: CA-PNF-Sugar

Scanner Link?

Info from @cafirescanner. Not sure what feed he’s using

I was following T94 T95 thinking they’re heading into Lassen somewhere… went to a fire in NV… this one is on there very quiet audio though.

2 Likes

150-200 acres, 0% contained, Hwy 70 is open per Plumas NF Facebook (Redirecting...)

4 Likes

It’s probably going to be a long week or so

7 Likes

Yep, she gone. AA, 2 MAFF’s, 2 S-2’s, 2 SEAT’s, and 2 Copters working the fire now.

6 Likes

If I took it down right: C512 C538 MAFFS6 MAFFS9 T88 T89 T801 T851 + Lead 55.

From the Plumas NF Facebook (Redirecting...)

At approximately 4:45 p.m. today, the Sugar Fire crossed the containment line, due to gusty SW winds. The fire is about 20 acres, ten of which are outside the fire perimeter.

The fire is moving toward Reconnaissance Peak. Currently, firefighters along with air support are responding aggressively to the fire.

4 Likes

It’s a good reminder to not second-guess local decisions. I was looking at the IR yesterday morning wondering to myself why we were sending a Type 1 team to a fire that looked like it was over.

7 Likes

Watching it blow up from Lake Almanor

8 Likes