CA-RRU/BDF-Apple??

Type 1? You mean?

not sure it meets type 1 criteria, RRU has many well qualified, highly experienced people in Unit, and this area has a ton of fire history and pre-planned options.

4 Likes

The request was for the Riverside County Local Type 3 team report to the ICP at 7AM for inbrief.

2 Likes

RRU has an in County Type 3 incident mgmnt team configuration.

1 Like

Team 3 just transitioned of the Hog today. CalFire Team 5 was on Hard cover

Not what I heard and confirmed…but maybe

I heard the 30 closest Engines immediate need and a few minutes later requested 6 Alphas for tomorrow as well.

Look at the post above your initial post. It lays out the exact order for tomorrow by the IC, which includes 6 S/T Alphas. Right now as immediate need the IC will request individual engines as he/she will get them faster than ordering by S/T configuration. Tomorrow S/T orders make sense as they have time to form and travel.

6 Likes

Exactly what i heard CAL Fire Type 3 then he reaffirmed by stating local Riverside Type 3 for 7am

3 Likes

Makes sense, most units can or have enough staff for a Type 3 in Unit team. Team 5 is on hard cover but wont be activated unless RRU submits for type 1 team to region. Office.

3 Likes

A lot of areas are establishing type 3 IMTs to manage short term incidents as well as the initial evolving incident prior to a Type 1 IMT coming in and taking the incident. Most of these teams have type 1 qualified personnel on them as well. I know of the North Bay IMT AND the Sacramento Regional IMT as good examples of established type 3 teams outside of the federal system. Don’t mean to digress from the incident at hand.

6 Likes

Ahhh I gotcha. Awesome they have a local IMT-3

1 Like

\

Summary

This text will be hidden

3 Likes

Anyone got an updated acreage? And possibly a pocket card or nomogram?

Night AA mapped it roughly to 1550 acres

Does any know where ICP is??

Noble creek park at 0100

1 Like

Thank you!!

Monsoonal flow coming up the Coachella valley this morning
Muggy and reverse wind direction

1 Like

Looking at the camera for the Apple incident
http://www.alertwildfire.org/inlandempire/index.html?camera=Axis-RechePeak2&v=81e003f
it looks like there is a second smoke in the background. What is it?

1 Like