CA-RRU/BDF-Apple??

Live feed from KYVU

6 Likes

Makes for an incredible image

20 Likes

That’s a keeper

1 Like

Very well said. Thank you for supporting the established groups who have been training and networking with the ICS system to be able to do this work in safe-coordinated ways.

3 Likes

YouTube I found a couple

I don’t think the snow peak cam is going to make it through the night. Watch the 15 minute loop.

3 Likes

Snow peak has a recent burn scar that has very light fuel around it. A little prep and it will be good to go

1 Like

Anyone got intel on resource needs for tomorrow?

1 Like

Im assuming tons of dozens Charlie’s fox trots type 1’s divs branch, the list goes on… the usual punch list for large incidents like this.

4 Likes

Assumed as much, heard our cal fire unit punch a Charlie out at 3, us local gov guys have been waiting for the word all day

@firedog1 I’m not sure we can get any one up there for a day or so. Once fire activity lowers, we’re going to be dealing with trees across the road. The peak will have to defend itself with the burn scar from the 2013 Hathaway fire. I hope The raywood flats cabin survive. The bowl north of there was some of the most pristine, untouched area left on the BDF. Sad to see it more than likely getting destroyed. Today’s activity is very unfortunate for us who’ve put so much blood and sweat putting other fires out to protect the wilderness up there. Another major fire smacks us again.

3 Likes

No dozers?

Trickledown affect. Cant all happen at once. Like my old captain used to say when the tones go off its time to go, anything in the middle only time will tell…

1 Like

This is the area I was talking about North West of Snow Peak. It is absolutely beautiful up there. Limited access. I hope some of it get spared.

1 Like

From all the social media posts it looks like a lot of Alpha and Charlie Strike Teams were requested. I’m sure more requests are pending or UTF. Fire is cranking at night and she’s moving full steam ahead. Stay safe…

2 Likes

Plus all the old flume infrastructure up there (all wooden) at risk. Would be a shame to see it go.

1 Like

@DivisionZen I was thinking about the flumes as well. This will have a major impact to the Banning Bench community for multiple reasons.

I guy I know says there are about 2 alphas, 16 charlies, 15 or so Golfs, and 15 Limas now in the system to be filled…thats a lot of stuff to process

7 Likes

Not much engine country where this is headed, unless it blows out pioneer town or morongo valley

1 Like

XSA sending out their OES Type Three strike team now to the Apple.

3 Likes