CA-SHF-Delta

CodeRed evac advisory just went out for Dunsmuir.

Video with mayor and Sheriff Lopey

CLARIFICATION
From Sheriff Lopey

“Advisory/warning”
“Not anticipating evacuation”
“Still 15 miles away”

Please ensure posts are clear and accurate with factual information.

Many people will be stranded because of
I-5 closure and will be looking to this site for information.

Keep up the great flow of info.

6 Likes

Hey all - I’ve added a few layers to this map to help with situational awareness (CalTrans closures, CHP feed, Traffic cams). I hope this helps! The traffic cams give a pretty indication of where the fire has grown.

Map Link: https://arcg.is/ST8Pb (bookmark and check back for updates)

Screenshot

6 Likes

Good info. Got a lot of nervous people out there.

Pictures moreso than words
Delta photos Redding.com

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-SHF Delta??

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-SHF Delta??

Update from SHF at 22:00- 5,000 Acres, 0% containment. Next 12 Hr Period: " Rapid rates of spread to the north into Salt Creek and Pollard Flats, east towards Greens Mtn/High Mtn and west towards Damnation Peak and Slate Creek. Continued northerly spread impacting additional sections of I-5 and the Union Pacific railway."
Next 24 Hour Period: “Continued spread to the north into Slate Creek, east towards the Hirz fire footprint.”
Weather: winds 6-12 gusting to 15. RH expected to increase to 37-42% overnight, with a drop in the 10 -18% range for tomorrow, 95 -102 degrees, coupled with unstable atmospheric conditions in the afternoon.

Here is last night’s IR map:

15000 acres at 2200 hours! Wow!

3 Likes

Wow! 15,000+ acres in 9 hours. That’s crazy. It’s a monster, be safe out there!

2 Likes

We were heavily involved as one of the first engines pulled of the Hirz to help. I have never seen a timber fire run at us the way this one did so quickly. It was a perfect storm of fuels wind and topography. Some REAL good work done by all the crews involved to try to create order from chaos

17 Likes

Clean air and good vis.HIRZ Air attack requesting to the DELTA :thinking:
3 VLAT
5 LAT

2 Likes

Putting tankers on a hold. They were using them to build line on a ridge, but AA and ops have decided that they don’t have enough time to put the line in and burn it before the fire gets there. Going to be coming up with a “whole new game plan”. Additionally flying conditions are very tough with heavy smoke, and low visibility.

3 Likes

Conditions have smoked in enough that AA is talking to Ops about returning to base and saving flight time, until things cleared up. The lead plane has already returned to Redding.
Tankers from the Delta are being pushed over to the SHF-Kerlin or to bases.

2 Likes

From The Trinity Journal

Evacuations of the East Fork Road area in north Trinity County are under way due to the Delta fire, radio traffic indicates.

“(The fire) crossed over the Trinity-Shasta line and it is easing into Halls Gulch,” said Trinity County OES Manager Ed Prestley.

From the Trinity Center Volunteer Fire Department, Chief Steve Renten roughly estimated that 100 people live in the East Fork area. Alpen Cellars is also there.

The Delta fire started yesterday near the Vollmers exit on I-5 north of Lakehead and is burning on both sides of the I-5. Numerous structures in Shasta County are threatened.

1 Like

This is the text of the “CodeRED” mobile app notification

Command 4 is out of service effective immediately.

XSA is sending T3 ST from SAC…4155C

XCO sending type lll from Colusa & Glenn Co.

1 Like

Per inciweb 22,000 acres.