CA-SHF-Delta

XSA 4154C just released from the North incident and reassigned to the Delta.

2 Likes

Incident directory with maps for 9/8

https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!2018_FEDERAL_Incidents/CA-SHF-001223_Hirz/GIS/Products/Mobile_Maps/

2 Likes

That’s pretty much accepted practice throughout the nation for the NIFC frequencies because the actual frequencies are never static and change from one year to the next, although NIFC swears they’re going to be static for the foreseeable future. It all depends on how the team or COML decides on a naming convention. IE: when a fire branches you could up ending uop with a Branch name as the title of the channel slot. Also don’t forget that any NIFC command repeater after Command 7 or 8, I believe, don’t have my list in front of me, is a special one-off frequency pair,so programming it in a large pre season load such as a CalFire load is useless because quite possibly NIFC Command31 on one incident won’t be the same pair as it is on next years incidents or even on another incident this year. Pay attention to the 205. Semper Gumby (always Flexible).

2 Likes

And this is why the BK field programmable radios are so nice to have (especially early on when cloning isn’t available or handy).

2 Likes

Ordres OES 4812C from the XSA are just coming in…0600 report time.

3 new starts just popped up…here we go…

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-SHF Delta??

Going into unified command with Cal Fire

6 Likes

40,580 acres, 0% contained. 407 off Redding for a recon. Will be circling the fire.

https://gacc.nifc.gov/oncc/news.php

2 Likes

Projected Incident Activity

12 hour: Fire will moderate as the inversion builds. Fire behavior will begin to moderate as temperatures gradually decrease with relative humidities increasing correspondingly. Fire will continue to grow to the north, northwest.

24 hour: Fire behavior will be moderate until the inversion breaks, then become active. Expect to see torching, short range spotting and short crown runs.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6191/

1 Like

norcalscan, you are correct. We had it here on the Mendocino Complex…confusion.
It’s taught the correct way but there are a lot of COML’s that don’t listen and use the terminology book the correct way. It’s not CMD 1, CMD 2. WE need to list it for the “common” person, and not the agency.
Thank you for your continued input on the Group, your a wealth of information.

4 Likes

9/9/2018 update - IR from last night about 9pm.
The fire has spread slowly but steadily in most directions since yesterday. Aside from a firing operation on the SE corner, no areas spread more than a mile. The light blue lines on these maps show 24 hours of growth.
Dark Blue shows Carr and Hirz Fires. White lines are Carr and Hirz dozer lines.

3 Likes

9/9 maps

https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!2018_FEDERAL_Incidents/CA-SHF-001223_Hirz/GIS/Products/Mobile_Maps/

1 Like

Yeah channel alphas should always be the common channel name and NOT assignment or made up name. Assignments change all the time. I had a radio loaded with assignment vs common name on the Rim fire and the assignment was wrong. DIV Y on load did not match what DIV Y was actually using. Had a guy on the line hold his mic down while I spun the dial to find the right tac, oh that’s DIV C on my radio. Great thanks! If we all said R5 Tac 5 then we’d all be good.

NIFC Cmds 1-12 are static and preloaded in the state load. 20 on are temporary for the season, but stays the same for the season so Cmd67 on Mendo Complex is same as C67 on a fire on the CNF for this season. I understand those change each season/year but that’d be nice if they don’t.

3 Likes

Update from Ops.

2 Likes

Readers digest:

Inversion most of day with good progress as result.

North side (west of 5)of Delta inc.
" Defensive firing on Middle ridge to
I-5" “slow going” south wind in the face of burn show

South (west of 5) direct I believe until it turns north, air attack said rotary checked it up on wildcat peak. But couldn’t see much on north end due to smoke conditions twd tamarack lake etc

North (east of 5) Iron working from cold black of hirz toward Hazel Creek as planned containment to I-5

South (east of 5) spot south of main fire edge. Troops gave it heck but unable to get around. Planned containment to south, Fenders Ferry road
Just a guess, @pyrogeography or @norcalscan might have those pencil lines and potential acreage on maps for us tomorrow :thinking:.

5 Likes

47,110 acres per IR @ 0028 PST 9/10

1 Like

9/10 maps

1 Like

9.10.2018 #deltafire maps.
Light blue lines show past 24 and 48 hours of growth.
White lines are dozer lines from Carr and Hirz Fires.
Carr and Hirz shown in Dark Blue.
Looks like the firing on the North flank is going well, it has spotted over Carr contingency lines on the SW corner, and Hirz line on SE.

I got a message on FB from a guy who pointed out one of my calls was off two days ago - he said what I thought was long range spotting onto Middle Ridge was the start of their firing operations.

3 Likes

Caltrans reoppened I-5 through fire zone, logging, hay, and wood chip trucks not allowed, screening traffic in Mountaingate.

9/10/18, 0900- 47,110 acres, 5% containment, 2380 personnel.
1-5 open with one line in each direction for 17 miles.
CIIMT - Team 4 took over from team 5 in Unified Command with Cal Fire this AM.