CA-SHF-Hirz??

State or Fed

1 Like

7:15 a.m.

CA-SHF Hirz Fire: 1,423 acres, grass, brush, timber, 5% contained. Fire remained active during the overnight hours. The north and south fires are expected to merge during the next operational period. The National Weather Service in Sacramento has extended the Red Flag Warning until 11 PM Saturday. The fire will continue to crest over the Hirz Mountain ridge and back down into the north fork of Salt Creek, spreading West and North along Gillman Road. The fire threatens the residences along the Hirz Mountain Lookout Road, multiple residences along Gilman Road and the Salt Creek drainage.McCloud River Club and water rights are threatened. NorCal team 1 has been ordered for the incident. In-briefing will be today at 2:00 PM.

Fed, Looks Like NorCal 1.

Just toned out immediate need for structure protection. Stage at I-5 and Gillman.

Inciweb page:
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6116/

Last night’s IR puts it at 4404 acres:
https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!2018_FEDERAL_Incidents/CA-SHF-001223_Hirz/IR/20180813/

Today’s Ops map:

2 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-SHF-HIRZ

Thanks for the updates! Anything is great. Guess I gotta get used to fed fires again…

2 Likes

Anyone have more info on this one? Seems to have dropped off the list, yet still burning hot.

They are expecting some crazy winds tonight, hubby said. Due to the terrain quite a few IHC’s are workin day & night. The proposed lines are quite a lot bigger than the Fire was but seems to be growin into it? Only able to get boots on the ground intel every couple days due to location. Not much help but it’s what I was told.

4 Likes

Anyone have a copy of the IAP?

FED’s do not post them because of personal phone numbers on their IAP’s

Any updates on this fire?

Any talks of State getting involved here

State crews have been on the incident since IA
This is FRA ,with no threat to sra unless it hangs a left toward lakehead( which is actually LRA- Shasta county in the FRA)
Basically Shasta lake north( backbone ridge south of lake) north to uhhhhh. Hwy 89 in Shasta is FRA, Unless after cutoff hours for USFS

Morning briefing every morning by the local TV station

Big firing ops yesterday and last night. Crews almost tied in the west and northwest corners. Crossing fingers that today’s shift will continue and have it burned in by sunrise tomorrow. Great work done by all shots and crews.

5 Likes

Sounds like state resources are being released sun or mon. Hearing rumors SKU is working on a contingency plan of there own. Alot of political land up there, SPI, Hurst, Levi Strauss. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into Baggley 2.0!

1 Like

Rumor has it they’re going to put a State team on the Hirz fire? Anyone hear anything

I just heard the same rumor, that its being talked about.

I can tell you that CIIMT 5 (Young) is being mobilized. In brief on Sunday at 4pm.