CA-SHF-Hirz??

FED’s do not post them because of personal phone numbers on their IAP’s

Any updates on this fire?

Any talks of State getting involved here

State crews have been on the incident since IA
This is FRA ,with no threat to sra unless it hangs a left toward lakehead( which is actually LRA- Shasta county in the FRA)
Basically Shasta lake north( backbone ridge south of lake) north to uhhhhh. Hwy 89 in Shasta is FRA, Unless after cutoff hours for USFS

Morning briefing every morning by the local TV station

Big firing ops yesterday and last night. Crews almost tied in the west and northwest corners. Crossing fingers that today’s shift will continue and have it burned in by sunrise tomorrow. Great work done by all shots and crews.

5 Likes

Sounds like state resources are being released sun or mon. Hearing rumors SKU is working on a contingency plan of there own. Alot of political land up there, SPI, Hurst, Levi Strauss. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into Baggley 2.0!

1 Like

Rumor has it they’re going to put a State team on the Hirz fire? Anyone hear anything

I just heard the same rumor, that its being talked about.

I can tell you that CIIMT 5 (Young) is being mobilized. In brief on Sunday at 4pm.

Do you mean private lands or SRA? I thought the private lands in that area was FRA. Unfortunately I can’t seem to check the DPA maps because ever since they moved to an FS webpage they’re all jacked up.

My map shows the 2018 SRA layer from CAL FIRE/FRAP. I found a map showing that the area is all Fed Direct Protection Area.

Source: https://gacc.nifc.gov/oscc/cwcg/gis.php

maybe a little more diplomacy might be a better tack. all of the folks out there, no matter what color of uniform or agency are out there to protect life and property. be gently in the stalemates we post. we are all on the same team.

5 Likes

Like I said before. Pretty much everything north of backbone ridge north to Mt. Shasta proper, is FRA.
#landswaps and response swaps.

Copy thanks.

You know what’s true?

Regarding state team have not heard, however new language in cfma allows for more opportunities from state to get involved with state land under Fed dpa

How about professionalism ,when we have boots on the ground we can care less about the colors on a map. Life and property it’s the same regardless of the color of the rig you came in.

6 Likes

Agreed. @Travisb32, the feds care just as much as anyone else about ALL lands, public and private. As someone who worked a division on this fire that crossed over both types of land I can assure you the strategy and tactics did not change based on ownership. As a matter of fact, an inordinate amount of effort was/has been expended to protect structures, a task the feds usually say they don’t perform.The fire is in some, frankly, crappy country from a containment perspective. It also did not get priority in resource allocation (a process jointly performed by both state and federal agencies) when it was much smaller. Hence, it grew.

5 Likes

Yes it does and I think our folks at Regional and State HQ did a good job changing that language for all parties. This fire is a good example of where we could see changes. The other good thing was CALFIRE and Feds now have language that neither of the agencies have structure protection responsibility, unless Calfire has a separate contractual agreement to provide.

1 Like